We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
1 post
Save Topic
Cost of taxi

We are trying to decide ona hotel. the two we are considering are the Carambola Beach and the Divi Carina Bay Beach Resort. How expensive are taxis and which is closer to towns?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of taxi

Carambola is closer to Fredriksted and Divi is closer to Christiansted.

Christiansted is where most people spend most of their time. I believe there are more shops and restaurants there.

For taxi rates go to www.gotostcroix.com

under the "things to know" heading you can click on "taxi rates"

From Carambola to C'Sted $30 (i think for 2 people) but that's only one way.

From 'bola to F'sted (which is a little closer) $27

From Divi to C'sted (the closer of the 2 towns) $18

From Divi to F'sted $36

Your best bet is to rent a car. That way you can go where you want, when you want. You won't waste part of your trip waiting for taxis.

Frederiksted, St...
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of taxi

Definitely rent a car!

Boston
Level Contributor
5,893 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of taxi

I would not stay at either of those places without a car. (Nor would I want to drive to them after a dinner out and a few drinks)!

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of taxi

Definitely rent a car at either spot. We usually don't because we stay closer to Christiansted but the taxi costs get pretty high over the course of a week. We do it to avoid drinking and driving and it's about a "wash" for us. But at either place you are considering, I would get a car. Or get a car for some of the days and plan your restaurants accordingly (e.g. from Divi to Duggans Reef would be a less expensive cab ride)

ChantelleSTX
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of taxi

The cost of one taxi ride almost always equals the cost of a daily car rental here. Always get the car unless... Hotel in the cay is right in C'sted, you dont have to have a car if you don't really want to explore the island. For Carambola you definitely want a car and it is longish drive to locals like me but for a statesider its probably not bad. It is however very windy, take your time. They've been renovating those rooms like crazy over there and it looks very nice so far. Oh and pirates buffet...mmmm....drool...

6. Re: Cost of taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted