We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Palms at Pelican cove

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
The Palms at Pelican cove

Have been checking into the Palms at Pelican cove. Anyone stayed here, experiences good or bad, Seems nice from the photos and price is moderate, rooms look good, so I am wondering what the "catch" is.

ChantelleSTX
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Palms at Pelican cove

It used to be called Coromant. You might find more info online about it using that name in the search. I don't know anyone that stayed there less then 10 years ago...sorry.

Clifton, VA
Level Contributor
314 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Palms at Pelican cove

Evidently it's quite a gay destination:

gayplaces2stay.com/caribbean/virgin_islands/…

frommers.com/destinations/…H60265.html

FROM FROMMERS: "For years this property was operated as the Cormorant Beach Club, attracting a gay clientele from all over the world. It is no longer gay-owned, but still attracts a large number of gay men, and "commitment ceremony" packages are still offered."

Just another data point to help you in your decision making process. To each their own.

ChantelleSTX
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Palms at Pelican cove

Yes it USED to be, they sooned learned that you can't market to an audience that small that doesnt really want to come to stx in the first place. The condos next to them changed their name to Pelican Cove Condos to not be associated with it (they used to be Coromant Condos) and after the cormanant hotel sold they changed the name. So to sum up, it no longer targets the gay community, they are welcome but so is everyone else.

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
950 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Palms at Pelican cove

For awhile it was gay oriented, but we've been there for lunch and to walk the beach the last four years and it seems more of a (traditional) family oriented place now from the looks of the adults and children around the pool anyway. I hear that Sandcastles get more of the gay couples now.

From the appearance of the outside of the Palms it looks very neat and clean. Beautiful beach. The moderate price could be from the fact that the government, in it's infinite -and baffling- wisdom, built a housing project close to that area that some people might be leary of. We've never seen anything we'd be worried about while we were there during the day. But I haven't actually seen inside the rooms, so I can't give you my opinion of their condition. It all depends on what you're looking for. Some people want very casual and islandy, and some are offended if the place they've picked doesn't turn out to be four star quality. If you do a search on this site I believe some people who have actually stayed there have discussed it. Wherever you decide on, I hope you have a great trip! We've headed back down there for the month of April-- can't wait.

Paula

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Palms at Pelican cove

Thanks to all of you for your input on thne Palms. It does look very nice and I think we are going to go ahead and book it for our trip.

VA
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Palms at Pelican cove

There are several reviews for The Palms at Pelican Cove on this web site. Overall the reviews are very good. The most recent posting is from 02/12/08. I have booked this hotel for a trip in April. I like the fact that the owner's read the reviews and respond to them when necessary.

7. Re: The Palms at Pelican cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted