We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report #7 con't

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
426 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report #7 con't

We both are charmed with this eighties something young lady- her husband died when he was 97 we are told. I order a Fresh Fresh and silently pray I will live that long.

We order sandwiches and continue to chat with her. She is just an amazing person. She gives me her address & I promise to send her a book I have: Nine boats, Nine kids, a true chronicle by Jeanne St. Andre' Merkel. We met her in Guana Cay in 2005 at a Barefoot Man's free concert.

LESSON: Always talk to local people, they have such wonderful things to share and good advice.

We decide to drive over to Sand Castle and see what is going on. Not too much. We have a couple of drinks and hit the water.Later we drive the coast road back towards Christensted. Randy wants to go back to Cheeseburgers for the entertainment and the BBQ ribs so that evening we pile in the Yaris and head out that way. We only spend $50.00 on the ribs/sandwich for me, a far cry from our big night at Duggan's. We have always had great service here and the food has been great. We head back and fix a nightcap and jump in the pool. Tomorrow is Monday and we decide to do laundry before we leave on Wednesday for San Juan. We are traveling with only carry-ons for an experiment. No big bags with dive equipment/too many clothes!!!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
365 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip Report #7 con't

They sure do. The airlines are tricky devils.The rainforest In PR looks fab. I don't think we will get a chance to do much for one night, but breaking up the trip sounds like a good way to go. I booked a place not far from the airport on the beach so we should be able to relax and get into STX early enough to do our shopping etc. It sounds like you and Randy really have a good time. Good luck in your future travels.

st. croix USVI
Level Contributor
428 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip Report #7 con't

Thanks again for all the info on your trip. So very much appreciated. Enjoyed all of your posts.

13. Re: Trip Report #7 con't

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted
Recent Conversations