We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 8 part 3

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
488 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report 8 part 3

We leave Eat and drive back slowly into town. Tonight we

decide to go downtown and see what's going on. We end up at Rum Runners, you can't go wrong here and everytime we have been here we have had great service.We buy three of their crazy t-shirts for our friends.

We stopped here early on Mothers Day before going to EAT and listened to Bill Bass and had bloody Mary's. He was gracious enough to let me take some photos. Anyway, our ribs and freshly caught fish were delicious and we leave and just wander around and enjoy the sunset. The Brew Pub is jumping and Randy decides he just wants to see if they have one of his favorite beers, which is Bitburger, a premium German lager. I wait while he goes up to the bar area. He comes back a few minutues later empy-handed and tells me that the bartender says she never heard of it before and was quite rude and did not offer any substitutes. Oh, well. They have a zillion kinds of beer there-and someone says to try the pub downtown. Not a problem. He just gets a Presidente and smiles. We talk about tomorrow and try and decide what we want to do.

st. croix USVI
Level Contributor
428 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 8 part 3

I guess we'll just chalk up the rude person at the Brew Pub to having a bad day. Sorry your DH had to endure that. There really isn't any excuse for that kind of behavior. Glad he got the Presidente, always a good choice, the colder the better.

Edited: 19 June 2012, 17:17
San Diego...
Level Contributor
304 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 8 part 3

Thanks Itzbecky for your enjoyable posts! I have read them all with great pleasure. I also like my "The Liver Is Evil" RumRunners T-shirts and their "bar food" too. I agree with rcarp about your servers just having bad days, we have friends who live on all three islands and they assure us that there's usually little left over after you pay your bills for travel and entertainment as the high cost of living there is unavoidable for them - and they're NOT on vacation! That would put anybody in a sour mood, and you get used to it in the USVI. Please keep your posts coming!!!

3. Re: Trip report 8 part 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted