We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Man Fatally Shot in Christiansted Nightclub

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Man Fatally Shot in Christiansted Nightclub

A man walked into a Christiansted nightclub late Saturday, walked up to a man providing security, and shot him repeatedly before fleeing, according to witnesses.

Ecliff James, 32, was declared dead Saturday night, according to a release from the Virgin Islands Police Department. It was the 33rd homicide this year in the territory, the 18th on St. Croix.

According to Criminal Investigation Bureau detectives investigating the shooting, James was reportedly providing security at Club 54.

Police were called to the scene at about 11 p.m. Saturday. Officers and forensic technicians processed the scene and conducted interviews.

Anyone with any information related to this murder is urged to call detectives or Crime Stoppers USVI.

This is a concern. I hate what is happening on this island. Seems like the Police have lost control.

Mentioned in this post
St. Croix
St. Croix
U.S. Virgin Islands
Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Man Fatally Shot in Christiansted Nightclub

Mr. James was a very beloved person on St. Croix. I see the outpourings of sympathy and concern for his family all over the internet. As well as providing security at Club 54 for a long time I believe that he was also a federal employee. Therefore there is a federal presence added to his murder. I don't feel comfortable turning this tragedy into another back and forth crime discussion on a travel forum but I wanted to post to give this a little bit of additional background with the small bit of info that I have.

Let's please give this well-respected man some respect and give his family some privacy by not associating him or them with another round of St. Croix bashing on this forum .

Mentioned in this post
St. Croix
St. Croix
U.S. Virgin Islands
Camp Hill...
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Man Fatally Shot in Christiansted Nightclub

Ecliff worked at the Federal courthouse. The Feds are in on the investigation. This is so sad. I agree, Margy.

Neptune Beach...
Level Contributor
764 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Man Fatally Shot in Christiansted Nightclub

I am with Margy Z on this one.. so sad.... I did not hear about this until just now on TA even though I am here right now.. bad things happen everywhere.. My heart goes out to this man's family and friends.. I did not know him.. I am sorry for their loss. RIP

Edited: 23 August 2012, 06:16
Neptune Beach...
Level Contributor
764 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Man Fatally Shot in Christiansted Nightclub

I am with Margy Z on this one.. so sad.... I did not hear about this until just now on TA even though I am here right now.. bad things happen everywhere.. My heart goes out to this man's family and friends.. I did not know him.. I am sorry for their loss. RIP

Edited: 23 August 2012, 06:17
5. Re: Man Fatally Shot in Christiansted Nightclub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted