We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Croix in 1 week!

Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
Save Topic
St. Croix in 1 week!

Hi!

We're traveling to St. Croix next week for a much needed getaway! We'll be staying at the Pelican Cove condos and are hoping for some must-see and must-do suggestions. Anything from bars and restaurants to sightseeing is greatly appreciated! We're very low-key and easy going, so anything helps :)

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,122 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Croix in 1 week!

Hello Colbie, welcome to the St. Croix forum! I've stayed at that condo complex, I think you will love it!

On Sundays, look for brunches. Many restaurants offer them. I'm planning on going to the Raggae brunch at eat@Cane Bay, for example.

The tab along the top, Things to Do is filled with great activities, along with reviews.

You can take a boat ride to Buck Island. Go on an ATV ride or 4 WD tour to the Analay Bay tidepool. Visit the beer drinking pigs at Montpellier Domino Club - enjoy lunch and a mammawanna at the bar. The Cruzan Rum tour is a good one, with samples. Before going there, visit the nearby St. George Village Botanical Garden, a really nice one. There are many ruins throughout the garden, some buildings have been restored, others not (some unrestored ones have Jamaican fruit bats living in them - take a peek - very cool!).

Walk around Christensted enjoying the wonderful Danish architecture - some of the nicest, original architecture left in the Caribbean. Lots of shops and restaurants there, too.

Visit beaches. They run the gamut from long sandy stretches (Sandy Point) to calm seas on the west, perhaps larger swells on the north. Many beaches have great little beach bars, too.

Snorkel!

The restaurants tab is a good one, too.

Have a wonderful trip. 17 days until I'm on island.

Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Croix in 1 week!

Thank you so much, Plumeria! So many great suggestions -- we're definitely looking forward to checking as much out as we can (and enjoying the beaches)!

One week from today :)

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Croix in 1 week!

Hello! I hope you are having a great time :) How's the weather?!?

4. Re: St. Croix in 1 week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted