We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to expect: September in Frederiksted? Anything open?

Which Frederiksted hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
What to expect: September in Frederiksted? Anything open?

Hi everyone!

We are planning a 5 day trip to St. Croix after a transatlantic cruise ends in San Juan. It looks like an amazing place to decompress and get our land legs back.

Because we will have spent the previous 14 days on a Disney ship, the idea of the 'quiet' side of St Croix is very appealing. We are leaning towards booking Cottages by the Sea, and I have read many reviews that say a lot is closed in September. So, I want to know, is the restaurant next door at SandCastle closed all of September? Is there anything within walking distance? Is this part of the island deserted end of September?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks so much!

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,503 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to expect: September in Frederiksted? Anything open?

Check the cruise schedules for that time period. Things will be open when there's a ship, but not sure of the restaurant.

Frederiksted, St...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to expect: September in Frederiksted? Anything open?

There are a lot of things open in September, They just aren't as touristy in nature. I think the restaurant you mentioned will be open. If not, there are several other choices in Federiksted. We have lived here for over a year and there are always things to do, it just takes a tiny bit of looking. We own a horseback riding business and we are open year round,as are dive shops, equipment rental shops, farms, stores, Buck Island tours, etc.

New Britain...
Level Contributor
892 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to expect: September in Frederiksted? Anything open?

We were on STX last Sept. Many restaurants were closed. But that doesn't mean that there weren't plenty of very good ones still open. I would go again in Sept. except it limits my list of "new" restaurant that I can try. Some ofthem have been on my list for years and I'm still working on it.

4. Re: What to expect: September in Frederiksted? Anything open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2016, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Frederiksted