We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

customs - us citizen

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
customs - us citizen

If we are from the US and spend a week in St Thomas, we don't have to go through customs to come home, right?

What are the lines like at the airport for check in if you don't have to go through customs? How early should you be at the airport? Thanks

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: customs - us citizen

Ron,

We always have to reclaim our bags, go through customs (which is a laugh,) they ask us a couple of questions, we say NO, they say OK, and then we have to re-check our bags. We've flown through Atlanta & Charlotte recently and this has been the norm at both airports. I don't ask questions, just do as I'm told. (I don't need a cavity search!!!! LOL) I get searched enough for being blonde & blue eyed! It's OK to laugh, but they have held more the one plane because I look so dangerous!! LOL

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: customs - us citizen

contrary to what bluewater said, you do not go through customs on the mainland if you've already gone through it in STT. That's US Customs in STT.

The lines in STT are always different. Usually you just glide through. But you do have to do it. There's a form you need to fill out and hand in. They give this to you when you check in for your return flight.

13. Re: customs - us citizen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 15:20