We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindquist Beach

Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lindquist Beach

I've read that this is a beautiful beach, but another vi website says to be very careful of "vagrants" (the websites words, not mine). Was wondering if this is still the case, or if this "hidden gem" has become more mainstream and if it would be ok to take my family. Has anyone recently been there? Thank you!

home
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindquist Beach

The problems at Linquist seem to be over. We were there early Feb. this year and the beach area is undergoing a change. It is going to be managed by the same folks who run Magens Bay. I'm not so sure this is a good thing. Depends on your point of view. I spoke with one of two VI Cops there (daily foot patrol) and she was very informative on what was being done. The beach is awesome and was nearly deserted the two times we were there.Plenty of parking right by the beach areas but it can be a little secluded, to the right side, so take your usual precautions as to locking the car and so forth. No characters around at all when we were there, mid-week. It's a little bit of a tough ride to get in but not bad. It's a sort of hidden gem about to be exposed. Here is a link to some photos I took this year.

…webshots.com/photo/2280271230098751649bbdmTZ

A special thanks to - itsconnie for turning us on to Linquist!!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,363 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindquist Beach

BBC495: Answered your question on another forum!

bobcside: You'll be glad to know that the road into Lindqvist has recently been paved. Don't know why anyone would have reservations about the Magens Bay Authority taking over Lindqvist. They continue to do a stellar job at Magens and are one of the few quasi-autonomous government agencies to have never asked for government funding!

Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindquist Beach

Thank you both - the pictures are beautiful, we'll be down there in a few weeks and look foward to visiting Lindquist!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindquist Beach

Linqvuist is beautiful. A great beach. When we were there it was only husband and myself and another couple. I'm not sure that I want this beach to be "found".

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindquist Beach

wow those pictures are beautiful! Can I ask...on the first picture, is that the Wynham Sugar bay? Haven't been to the island yet and trying to get my barings for May!!!

home
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindquist Beach

Thanks, and yes it is Wyndam. If you scroll down just a tad there is a note about the photo(s)

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindquist Beach

oops missed that sorry! Can one walk from the Wyndam via the beach (looks rocky)? We are staying at Point Pleasant and would love to take a stroll over there if we could (oppose to driving of course).

Thanks

home
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindquist Beach

I do not think you can walk from Lindqvist to Pt. Pleasant or The Wyndam. We walked a ways around the point in that direction but I believe there are rock formations that prevent the trip around by foot. We did not go that far so I'd say give it a try. Worse you can do is have to walk back. A nice walk at that. By the way, "Fungies" at Point Pleasant is great. Love the stewed chicken there.(it's not chicken stew) You got some hikin to do at Point Pleasant. The views are awesome. Have a great time.

BOB

Solebury...
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindquist Beach

Elisabeth nj, I wouldn't try to walk to Lindquist from Point Pleasant. I was there last Nov. and the walk would be a little dangerous considering the traffic. I don't mean volume but speed. There really isn't a shoulder to walk on. I took taxis when I was there. You will love Point Pleasant! There is a bit of a walk to get to the beach, but the views were amazing!! Ask for an ocean view.

home
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindquist Beach

KK, you are right about the walk via the road but she was talkin about walking the beach. Would be nice if you could but don't think so.