We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sapphire Beach Resorts

Lake Vermilion, MN
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sapphire Beach Resorts

35 years ago my wife and I honeymooned at the Sapphire Beach Resort. We have not returned to St. Thomas since then. I would like to plan a trip this spring. I thought it would be great to return to our honeymoon spot. I see that there seem to be a number of resorts now on Sapphire Beach. I thought there was only the one when we were there.

I would like recommendations on which of the resorts currently on Sapphire Beach is the best - ammenities and access to the beach, etc.

Also, if you feel that there are currently better resorts in the area please give me your suggestions. We would plan to run around the island in a rental car and also visit St. John. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Mentioned in this post
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
1 Review
St. Thomas
Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sapphire Beach Resorts

We loved Sapphire Beach, but did not stay there. Too expensive when more reasonable accomodations are available with better views and much more privacy. I've written a review of sorts in this forum column on Villa Ocean Kaleidoscope. We swam at Sapphire Beach every day, even enjoyed their beach parties on Sundays and ate lunch there several times, but loved our private, beautiful villa just up the hill. Feel free to leave a note if you'd like particulars.

Barri