We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CheapCaribbean.com????

New England
Level Contributor
93 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
CheapCaribbean.com????

I always see these great deals offered by CheapCaribbean.com. Has anyone ever booked thru them and have there been any problems?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CheapCaribbean.com????

I have and they were great!

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: CheapCaribbean.com????

I have booked through them twice. Even though we had problems the second time (through no fault of cheapcaribbean) they were very helpful.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CheapCaribbean.com????

I have used them many times without any problems. I must say though, you have to do your homework and be sure to check the Web site frequently since they rates can change hours apart. This is something they claim they can't change since the hotel and flight rates change automatically when the Web site search is done.

I have had no problem with the paperwork, phone consults or final destination outcome.

I have used them for Dominican Republic, Mexico and Jamaica.

Chicago, IL
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CheapCaribbean.com????

Hi! I actually bought through them for my upcoming trip to St.Thomas this Monday!! But like the other poster commented, do watch out because the rates they quoted me at first changed right at checkout. I thought this was strange and cancelled the entire thing. I went back the next day and they were still the same rates they gave me at checkout ($200 more) than what was originally quoted when I selected the package. Everything was good though, cheap flights and cheap hotel. Beware if you choose Spirit Airlines though, they charge $25.00 per bag at the airport, $19.00 per bag if you pre-buy it online before your flight. Also, with Spirit you are not guaranteed a seat next to whoever you are traveling with. They charge $7.00 for middle seats and $12.00 for window seats before check-in online. Beverages are not included either (not even water or a small soda like all other airlines). Sodas are $3.00 and water is the same. Spirit did end up being the cheapest though, I paid $195.00 for a roundtrip ticket from Chicago to St.Thomas (even connecting in Ft.Lauderdale) this upcoming Monday and returning the following Monday. I guess it's really cheap because its alacarte. Just look into policies before you buy...but overall...cheap tickets is good!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CheapCaribbean.com????

It's like anything else...you have to read the details and be careful. Expedia prices can also change as you fill out the info, etc. Prices change at different times of the day, if you select different flights than the one offered, depending on hotel, etc.

Also, as with Cheap Caribbean and other sites, some of the best DEALS are prices stated from a particular airport or set of airports. For example, last week I saw some spectacular deals for the Caribbean, but when I read the details realized that the price quoted was only if you were flying from Tampa. Getting to and from Tampa was extra. So, you do have to watch that sort of thing. Sometimes, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

6. Re: CheapCaribbean.com????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 07:19