We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on Sails

DC
Level Contributor
113 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback on Sails

Hello. I am thinking of taking two cruises when in St. Thomas next week. One is with High Pockets and the other is with Oh Be Joyful Sailing or Daydreamers. Day Dreamer picks up from my resort, Wyndham Sugarbay, so that's convenient but is Oh Be Joyful Sailing better. If I go with Oh Be Joyful Sailing, I will probably take the Sat. Night Special as right now the Sunday St. John Sail is full.

Any feedback you can offer will be great. Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. I am looking for a clean, safe boat with good drinks, food, and service.

DC
Level Contributor
113 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on Sails

Oh, the other option is Morning Star Charters.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback on Sails

Morningstar is a GORGEOUS boat, a beautiful classic, and offers a most fine sailing experience - as well as very good food and a well stocked open bar. I also recommend Pat and Pieter Stoeken's S/V Independence, Cheers and have an enjoyable visit!

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feedback on Sails

I LOVED the Daydreamer it is my favorite daysail that I have been on. My family of 7 plus a family of 4 were on this boat and we felt like we had the boat to ourselves. We stopped at a good snorkeling spot in the morning, sailed to Jost Van Dyke for lunch at Foxy's, then sailed to White Sand Beach and had drinks/swimming at Soggy Dollar Bar. On the way home the captain allowed me, my brother, and sister (ages 14, 11, 8 and the time) to steer the boat! It is a beautiful boat, clean, very safe, good drinks and food, and the service was amazing. I hope this helps!

Helen

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feedback on Sails

Daydreamer can have up to 49 ! passengers so you will have to be lucky to feel you have the boat to yourself - it obviously can happen either way. A clean and well run operation though.

High Pockets is one of the best sailed and well maintained vessels in the daysail fleet - same owner for over 30 years, maintained as a HOME and absolutely clean and comfortable.

Morningstar has new owners this year, is a classic well found boat and sails well.

Never heard of OH Be Joyful - where does she sail out of? - is she a new entry to the marketplace?

st thomas, vi
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Feedback on Sails

Definitely go with Oh Be Joyful Sailing. We had 9 people who sailed with them and had a BLAST! The boat is beautiful and the lunch Captain Dave made us was the best meal we had on the island. They grilled our own food selections right there on the boat. FULL bar too (get their margaritas!). As for where you sail to, we went to 2 different places and both times we were the only boat there. Unbelievable snorkeling. I'm pretty sure they pick up at the Wyndham too, just ask them. I'm not sure how long they've been here, but I think they told us 10 years or something like that. Have fun!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
64 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feedback on Sails

Do these recommended boats/companies also sail out of St.John, perhaps?! Thank you!

st thomas, vi
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Feedback on Sails

Oh Be Joyful does, but I'm not sure about anyone else.

8. Re: Feedback on Sails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 00:18