We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WOO HOO bookeed my next trip

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
WOO HOO bookeed my next trip

Yeah!!! I am so excited! I booked our land based portion about a month ago and just purchased our air portion tonight! Can't wait to get back to St. Thomas! However....I do have to wait until December to go again, but man am I excited! I love St. Thomas!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: WOO HOO bookeed my next trip

Good! I hope you got a good air fare. Where will you be staying?

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,120 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WOO HOO bookeed my next trip

Great! It looks like there'll be some new spots for you to check out. They're working on Mojo's at Havensight, which looks like it an outdoor tiki bar. Another is Jaguar, a new place above Wendy's, and it serves local food.

St Croix has their carnival in Dec, so you might want to think about splurging for a day trip over on their market fair day if you're here then. Or for one of the parades.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WOO HOO bookeed my next trip

When is the carnival on St. Croix? We will be on STT Dec.6-16! I would love to go over there for carnival. Do you take a ferry or just a small flight?

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,120 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WOO HOO bookeed my next trip

They haven't posted the full schedule yet, but the opening night activity is an old-time lantern parade, but that's on Dec 5. Most of the activities are during the Christmas-New Year weeks, but hopefully they'll be something you can see during your timeframe.

You can take a short flight to St Croix or the sometime-running ferry. During carnival, though, the ferry schedule usually expands, because so many people are going back and forth. Neither option is cheap - the flights are usually minimum $70 one way, and the ferry is usually around $100 RT.

I'll post again when I get a more complete schedule, so stay tuned!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WOO HOO bookeed my next trip

Yes, please do keep me posted! That sounds like a lot of fun. And since this trip we aren't doing many other islands like we usually do, the flight or ferry cost seems very reasonable!

Even if there isn't much in the way of Carnival going on while we are there, do you still think it is a good day trip to St. Croix? That is the only island down there we haven't been to, and I think maybe this time we should try it it is worth it=)

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WOO HOO bookeed my next trip

One of the most fun ways to go to St. Croix is the seaplane...a friend of mine just got back from STT and they went over to STX for a couple of days by seaplane. She thought the seaplane flight alone made the trip. Lands in Charlotte Amalie harbor and the harbor at Christiansted.

7. Re: WOO HOO bookeed my next trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2009, 04:34