We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa and Restaurant Question

Colorado
7 posts
Save Topic
Spa and Restaurant Question

~ Can you please recommend a spa/salon to get pedicures on St. Thomas....all my girls and the moms want to get pedicures together, but aren't sure where is the best place. Some place open on Sunday would be best!!

~We are trying to find a location for after our wedding for everyone to just chill, enjoy some drinks and food. It would be around 11am. We want some place that can provide somewhat private area outdoors and can set up a variety of food platters (fruit, veggies, crab cakes, conch fritters, etc). My wedding coordinator gave me a list of places, but I am looking for personal recommendations. We are having the rehearsal dinner at Havanna Blue the night before the wedding, and am still trying to find a good place for brunch on Tues morning after the wedding.

~My fiancee and I will be staying on the island June4th-14th and would love recommendations for activites/restaurants. We are renting a motorcycle and have family who has rented a sailboat for the entire duration as well as some other family who has rented a power boat, so we can pretty much travel anywhere. We love exploring new spots, trying new things and are open to going anywhere!!nPLEASE give me all the ideas you have!!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa and Restaurant Question

Question: #1 try Journeys Spa at the Wyndham Sugar Bay

#2 Maybe Blue Moon at Secret Harbor Beach or a shed rental at Magens with catered food.

#3 Be extra careful riding any type of Motorcycle on STT it is a dangerous mode of transportation here until you get used to the left hand driving and narrow twisting hilly roads. Have a great time on the boats and Congrats!!

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,367 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa and Restaurant Question

Where is the wedding?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa and Restaurant Question

The spa at the Ritz is super, but expensive.

This is not Bermuda where it's flat and easy to get around on mopeds. Visitors on bikes in STT can be a hazard to themselves and others. Most roads literally have no shoulder...what you get is a cliff with a long drop. Just something to think about as it is a wedding and would be a shame to have something happen to someone.

If you're up for anything money wise, take the ferry to St. John and do it up right with good food and a beautiful setting at Caneel Bay. Take along swim stuff and enjoy the beach afterward or head out along the north shore to see all the great beaches.

A closer venue, also expensive, is the buffet at the Ritz. It's excellent and also pretty setting. The Elysian next door to the Ritz is cheaper and still good.

Realize that any place you go will also require a cab fee unless you're driving. The Marriott's brunch may be the easiest for all...

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,026 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spa and Restaurant Question

I don't know if you've researched the question of renting mopeds on STT but if you just do a simple forum search here you'll find several relative posts so I won't repeat myself. Please do the research and make a sensible decision. It's not just not a good idea but just a very BAD idea!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spa and Restaurant Question

I will agree that you should rethink the motorcycle. It is so not the same as ridong one in the states.

I would for sure take one of the boats and check out some of the other islands. I would try St. John, Jost VanDyke, and Virgin Gorda. The Baths at Virgin Gorda are not to be missed.

Have a great time and congrats on the wedding!

Colorado
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spa and Restaurant Question

The wedding is on Magen's Bay

7. Re: Spa and Restaurant Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2009, 05:33