We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My favorites

New York, NY
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
My favorites

Hey Everyone! I saw this post on the St. John forum and thought that we needed one for the St. Thomas forum as well. We are set to leave for our first trip to the island in July! I think it would be fun to read about what you all love about the islands.

My Favorite Inexpensive Restaurant Is:

My Favorite Pricey Restaurant Is:

My Favorite Thing To Do Is:

The Best View Is:

The Best Sunset I Saw Was:

The Coolest Thing I Saw Underwater Was:

My Favorite Place To Snorkel Is:

The Best Thing I've Ever Eaten On The Islands Is:

My Favorite Memory Is:

My Favorite Island Is...Because:

The Most Favorite Memory Is:

My Favorite Excursion Was:

My Favorite Place To Shop Is:

The One Thing I Always Make Sure To Do Is:

New York, NY
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My favorites

Hey, anybody wanna help fill this out for the newbies to the islands?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My favorites

Lattitude 18. Really really good food.

My Favorite Pricey Restaurant Is: We really don't do pricey restaurants. If we have a good breakfast and a good lunch, we're usually not that hungry, so we usually just snack.

My Favorite Thing To Do Is: Definetly hang on the beach and snorkel.

The Best View Is: The view from Mountaintop was really amazing. Too bad it's not there anymore. Sunset at Paradise point is just as good. I have gorgeous pictures from there. So cool to sit out there, have a couple drinks, see the sunset, watch the seaplanes land and do a little shopping.

The Best Sunset I Saw Was: Again, Paradise Point.

The Coolest Thing I Saw Underwater Was: Sea Turles, HUGE starfish and a baby squid :o)

My Favorite Place To Snorkel Is: There's quite a few. Honeymoon and Maho on STJ. Coki and Sapphire on STT.

The Best Thing I've Ever Eaten On The Islands Is: Over to the Beach Bar, right off the ferry is the Beach Bar. They have a Tuna Down Now that is incredible. I get it everytime I go to STJ

My Favorite Memory Is: Sitting out on the point at Sapphire Beach with the wind blowing, the stars were shining. We were in our beach chairs, with an Ipod, our drinks and I was with my favorite person in the world. My husband.

My Favorite Island Is...Because: STT.

My Favorite Excursion Was: Captain Kevin with his boat Born to Rhumb. Great guy, great boat. LOTS of fun.

My Favorite Place To Shop Is: Shopping is not for me.

The One Thing I Always Make Sure To Do Is: Relax, kick back and go with the flow of the Island. We also make at least one trip on the car barge over to STJ.

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My favorites

My Favorite Inexpensive Restaurant Is: Molly Malones

My Favorite Pricey Restaurant Is: Agave Terrace

My Favorite Thing To Do Is: Snorkel

The Best View Is: Paradise Point or view of St. John from the Ritz

The Best Sunset I Saw Was: at the Ritz right before having dinner

The Coolest Thing I Saw Underwater Was: Squid, Sea Turtles, and Sting Rays

My Favorite Place To Snorkel Is: Coki Beach on St. Thomas, Sir Francis Bay on St. John

The Best Thing I've Ever Eaten On The Islands Is: Conch Fritters :-)

My Favorite Memory Is: I have been going down to STT for 21 years (since I was an infant) so my favorite memory was an Iguana jumping on the table at Tickles in Red Hook (now Molly Malones) during breakfast and eating my sisters breakfast. My sisters expression was priceless haha

My Favorite Island Is...Because: St. Thomas...it is my home away from home

The Most Favorite Memory Is: Spending time with my family

My Favorite Excursion Was: The Daydreamer to Jost Van Dyke

My Favorite Place To Shop Is: Tent City

The One Thing I Always Make Sure To Do Is: Go to Udder Delight for a milkshake after visiting Magen's Bay.

Helen

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My favorites

Jack's

My Favorite Pricey Restaurant Is:

Room with A View

My Favorite Thing To Do Is:

Watch the sunset with a cocktail, and my favorite music from the balcony of my condo.

The Best View Is:

Paradise Point

They are all different and each one is special. But one in particular stands out. The sun had just set when a full moon rose from behind Tortolla. Just as it cleared the mountain a ship under full sail sailed through the center of the moon.

The Coolest Thing I Saw Underwater Was:

A seahorse at Coki.

My Favorite Place To Snorkel Is:

Coki at night.

The Best Thing I've Ever Eaten On The Islands Is:

Way to close to call. Have had many great meals.

My Favorite Memory Is:

Surprising my wife by secretly flying our kids in and having a vow renewal ceremony on the Point at Sapphire Beach for our 40th anniversary.

My Favorite Island Is...Because:

St. Thomas, because it is a place that I can totally relax and just enjoy being there.

My Favorite Excursion Was:

All the trips to Virgin Gorda.

My Favorite Place To Shop Is:

Home Depot. I don't like to shop!!!

The One Thing I Always Make Sure To Do Is:

Buy plenty of rum. Guess that means my favorite place to shop is Cost U Less!!

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My favorites

The best excursion for us was on the Nightwind Yacht at Sapphire Bay for sailing and snorkeling. Breakfast,lunch and your drinks are included.Outstanding service. Best pricey restaurant was Le Caribe at the Wyndham hotel Sugar Bay. Best inexpensive restaurant was Latitude 18 in Red Hook. We stayed at the Point Pleasant hotel and had a beautiful cliffside view of the other islands.We were glad that we rented a car as you will end up spending as much on the taxis.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: My favorites

Favorite Inexpensive Restaurant:

Uncle Buddys at Cokie Beach

Molly Malones at Red Hook

Cuzzins on Main Street {?}

Favorite Pricey Restaurant: {?}

Sunday Brunch at Wyndham Sugar Bay Hotel

Favorite Thing To Do:

Morning dip in the ocean

The Best View:

Any view of the ocean with the sun setting

The last one I saw on the island May 09

The Best Thing I Have Ever Eaten on the Island:

Fresh Boiled Yellowtail with all the Island ground

provisions including Fungi

My Favorite Place to Shop:

A little shop at Red Hook that has great Silver

Jewelery and Linen

The One Thing I Always Make Sure To Do:

Make plans to return as soon as possible

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My favorites

My favorite Inexpensive Restaurant: Gladys'

My favorite pricey restaurant: Agave Terrace

My favorite thing to do is: hiking in the early morning, snorkeling, just being there...

The best view: Mountaintop on STT; looking at STT at night from STJ

The best sunset: The sun setting behind STT from a beach on STJ

The coolest thing I saw underwater was: I love the colorful parrot fish...rays...turtles.

My favorite Place to Snorkel is: STJ...lots of places

The best thing I've ever eaten on the islands: too much good stuff to even begin to list.

My favorite memory is: also too many to list...actually, some of my favorite memories are lying in bed and listening to the night rains in STJ and watching a real downpour from a covered porch at a B&B above Charlotte Amalie harbor.

My favorite island is...hmmm...I love many places, but I always get back to STJ and STT.

Favorite excursion: so many excursions on the Sir Francis Drake Channel...always great.

Shopping: I love to shop in Charlotte Amalie...enjoy the art galleries and talking with the artists;

I always make sure to: make friends. It makes the place feel like home. :)

8. Re: My favorites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 05:49