We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo in St Thomas!

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Solo in St Thomas!

I am planning to take a vacation for my 37th birthday next April. I will be traveling alone. Is St Thomas a good vacation spot for a single gal? I am trying to decide between St Thomas, Aruba, and St Kitts.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo in St Thomas!

Sure! There's plenty to do including island hopping to St. John or the BVI's, sailing, diving, shopping, etc.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo in St Thomas!

I think it would be a great place, but why don't you tell us a bit more about what you are looking for so we can guide you even better! Nightlife? Shopping? Beaches? Hotels?

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo in St Thomas!

Thanks so much for your replies! I guess I like the typical vacation stuff. I love a beautiful beach, great shopping, and food. I am interested in nightlife as well, as long as I can get there and back to the resort via taxi. I will probably stay at the Frenchmen's Reef if I can get a week of my stepmother's timeshare. I also like to do excursions, so that I can see all parts of the island.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo in St Thomas!

Honest truth, momartin8, STT is not a place for a solo hol, especially if you're looking for exciting nightlife. STT is very laid back.

If you were into lots of scuba, say, and a little bit of shopping and sightseeing STT (and STJ) would be (a) place(s) you would probably enjoy.

Of course, you are staying for free if you come. That would help make anyone's mind up! You'll still have a nice time, but expect it to be quiet.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo in St Thomas!

Thank you Leighten Buzzard! I probably don't want too much quiet. That narrows the field down some.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo in St Thomas!

I disagree with the NY poster - I have lived here in STT over 35 years -- definitely consider STT - you will have a fine time and it is quiet IF you want but plenty to do otherwise day or night.

Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo in St Thomas!

In the evening you can go to Yachr Haven Grande. There are three restaranys and the fat Turtle is very lively on Friday and saturday. Also recommend the Cellar next to Esat End Cafe in Red Hook. You also might check out the local paper for any special events while you are here.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo in St Thomas!

STT offers a ot of what you are looking for. It has beautiful beaches, great shopping, and night life.

It also has 8 men for every woman!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo in St Thomas!

Of the islands you mention, I'd definitely opt for St. Thomas.

However, if you want to party 24/7, you might head for Cancun.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solo in St Thomas!

Okay! The eight men to one woman might have me SOLD!!!! Lol!