We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions to At Home In The Tropics

Maine
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Directions to At Home In The Tropics

Hi -- We're headed to St Thomas in January and will be renting a car. Staying at a B&B: "At Home in the Tropics"... the issue is that the directions the owners have provided are just terrible (i.e. hand drawn with no street names and hardly any actual directions, just a map). Has anyone stayed there who can give me some better clues on finding this place??? Thanks for the help!

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,597 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions to At Home In The Tropics

It's just behind the Lutheran Parsonage on Government Hill.

From the airport, you head to town on the Waterfront (AKA Veterans Drive), and when you get to a large parking lot with police cars in it, make a left. Go 3 blocks, and make the left up the hill. Then make the first left which should take you to Blackbeard's Castle. Keep going around to the left until you get to a perpendicular road, and make that left. It's right at the stairway that you'll see on the right.

I don't know where you can park up there, so I hope you're coming in the day time. Do they have a reserved spot for their guests?

Maine
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions to At Home In The Tropics

bump.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions to At Home In The Tropics

I'm not sure why you're bumping this. The directions given by Ms411 are as good as you'll get. Most streets/roads don't have posted names. When you arrive you can also ask the car rental place for further directions.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions to At Home In The Tropics

If you get lost, call Pam, the owner. I'm sure she will be more than glad to come and lead you back to the house. You can see it from the waterfront -- just above Government House. And it's a terrific place. The owner is also from Maine. :)

5. Re: Directions to At Home In The Tropics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2010, 05:16