We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips on rates on Secret Harbour

jmo
Penfield
Level Contributor
31 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Tips on rates on Secret Harbour

Have been 3 times with my wife and kids and love it. However, it has been almost 5 years since we've been there, and I can't belive how high the rates have gone. May 2010, low season rates are between $425 and $495 for a two bedroom oceanview (there are 5 of us so we need the two bedroom, although we could make do with king bed and sofa bed in one bedroom). Hotel rates were much lower plus they had 1 free night for every 4 purchased last time we went.

This is now unaffordable for me. I have gone to the hotel site and all major travel sites. Does anyone have any tips on deals I might not know about. Would love to go next May, but not at that price.

Thanks

new jersey
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips on rates on Secret Harbour

I have given up at staying at hotels on the island. My wife and I have been booking with vrbo the last three times we have been down. There are so many different choices, depending on how many people you have going.It also helps if you dont mind not staying directly on the water.

Good Luck

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips on rates on Secret Harbour

Rates have gone up everywhere, especially at hotels right on the beach. You might look for lower rates at Bolongo Bay, Sapphire, Anchorage Condos, or Point Pleasant.

PP's deluxe suite has a king bed in bedroom, queen sleep sofa in living area, and a kitchenette. The rates start at less than $300 for 2, but charge extra for extra guests. PP doesn't have a beach, just a little strip of sand that gets covered when the tide comes in, but the views are fabulous and the grounds and pools are nice. If you have a car for going to other beaches, this might be an option.

You might also check out http://www.cstyle.co.vi/ (Cabrita condos) I think these are for adult non smokers only, but may as well check. Moderately priced, but, again, on the water but not on a beach. Very convenient to the Red Hook ferry.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips on rates on Secret Harbour

Look into the condo units available at Cowpet Bay in STT - definitely the rates are lower than Secret Harbor - it has a great beach ,good restaurants and the Elysian Resort facilities. many privately owned units of all sizes and configurations. Close to Secret Harbor if you wanted to go there it would be less than 5 min.

4. Re: Tips on rates on Secret Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 06:22