We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agave Terrace Restaurant

nj
1 post
Save Topic
Agave Terrace Restaurant

What is the dress code for Agave. Can men wear shorts and a polo shirt?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agave Terrace Restaurant

Yes men can wear shorts. As a matter of fact I stopped taking long pants to STT years ago

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agave Terrace Restaurant

Except -- long pants are good if you're out in the evening. Keeps the mosquitoes off of your legs.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agave Terrace Restaurant

Long pants aren't a bad idea, especially at restaurants that are primarily outdoors/gardens. At Agave you're fine if you get a table close to the cliffside -- with a great view. Once, however, when we sat in the back of the restaurant (backs up to a wall of plants) I was wearing a long skirt but still got a number of bites around my ankles. The restaurant is one of our favorites on STT; we go every time we're on the island.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agave Terrace Restaurant

Is this place accessible by the safari bus?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,533 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agave Terrace Restaurant

The Agave is a Point Pleasant resort which is on Smith Bay Road which is a regular safari route.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agave Terrace Restaurant

One thing that I learned a few years ago is that most all bars and restaurants have bug spray available. Usually there isn't a problem, but at certain times you can have a problem most anywhere. Just ask your server or the bar tender and be careful when you spray not to impose on other patrons.

7. Re: Agave Terrace Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 05:17