We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help planning a trip to snorkel , snorkel, snorkel!

Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
need help planning a trip to snorkel , snorkel, snorkel!

Hi, my husband and I love to snorkel and want to just get in some beach time and snorkeling every day. We don't have to stay somewhere fancy and want to see as much as possible. Our time frame is 10 to 14 days any time Jan Feb or March. We have done multiple cruises but wanted this time to just concentrate on one or two islands. So I was thinking maybe 7 days on ST Thomas w/ a couple day trips to St John and maybe a day trip to hotspots in brittish v.i...... Then maybe take the ferry to st. croix for a few days. How many days would you put aside for each island and what are the must sees? Is it worth it to even go to st croix? I heard the coral is dead. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Downingtown...
Level Contributor
306 posts
462 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help planning a trip to snorkel , snorkel, snorkel!

St. John: Trunk Bay, Waterlemon Cay, Cinnamon Bay.....just to name a few.

BVI Day Trips: most should include the Indians, Norman Island Caves, and the Baths

vinow.com/stthomas/beaches_stt/beaches.php should be able to help you with determining which St. Thomas beaches to go to.

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Trunk Bay
Trunk Bay
2,598 Reviews
St. John
Waterlemon Cay
Waterlemon Cay
866 Reviews
St. John
Cinnamon Bay
Cinnamon Bay
289 Reviews
St. John
Norman Island Caves
Norman Island Caves
89 Reviews
British Virgin Islands
The Baths
The Baths
2,517 Reviews
Virgin Gorda
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
2. Re: need help planning a trip to snorkel , snorkel, snorkel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2010, 05:16