We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Olga or Island View Guesthouse for 1 night stay?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Olga or Island View Guesthouse for 1 night stay?

Hi there,

Looking for accommodations for a 1 night stay on our first night in St Thomas and on the night before our departure flight. Narrowed down choice to either Villa Olga (Harbor View room) or Island View Guesthouse (pool/terrace room or balcony room). Has anyone stayed in the Harbor View room at Villa Olga? If so, what's your opinion? Also, how is the noise level at both places?

Thanks!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Olga or Island View Guesthouse for 1 night stay?

Friends of mine stayed at Island View & they said it was plain but perfectly fine. I don't know anything about Villa Olga but it is right by Oceana restaurant which is excellent but you'd need a taxi or rental to get to a restaurant.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Olga or Island View Guesthouse for 1 night stay?

Villa Olga is quieter and more convenient - easily walkable to the Frenchtown restaurants or town. Captain Jay has posted pics on his blog www.livedelifeusvi.blogspot.com with some descriptions.

Island View will require a rental car or taxi to go off premise but has a higher up view, ------------- one night ?? - either would be fine , depends on your other activities.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Olga or Island View Guesthouse for 1 night stay?

I've stayed at Villa Olga and liked it very much. I've booked this again for later this year. We had an ocean view room, but my friends had harbor view rooms and they were all nice. The view of the harbor was really pretty. The rooms are fairly basic rooms with a mini fridge. It was clean and everything functioned properly. The best part was the location. You can just walk out the door and find a bunch of restaurants. There's no beach but a really nice pool. Since we were only staying 2 nights before setting out on a charter, we didn't care about having a beach. We knew there'd be plenty of beaches along the way.

I can't give an opinion about the Island View Guesthouse.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Olga or Island View Guesthouse for 1 night stay?

In my comment, I meant you'd have to have a taxi to get to a restaurant. Not the case with Villa Olga. Neither is that far from the airport.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Olga or Island View Guesthouse for 1 night stay?

Thanks Everyone! We're pretty much just looking for a cheap but nice "rest stop" before and after our stay in St John. Island View Guesthouse was a little cheaper and I've seen rave reviews on TA as well as other sites; so we've decided to book a room there.

We'll have a rental car, so checking out Frenchtown for dinner is definitely in the plan! On our last trip to STT/STJ, we wanted to try either Oceana, Gladys or Hook Line & Sinker but didn't have time. So, looking forward to it on this next trip!

6. Re: Villa Olga or Island View Guesthouse for 1 night stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2010, 05:17