We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fare to Paradise Point

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
27 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Fare to Paradise Point

How much should I expect to pay to go to Paradise Point? The cruise ship is offering $15 per person roundtrip; how much would it be for a taxi?

I have 4 people plus a child. Do taxis typically charge for a child also?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Fare to Paradise Point

Here's a link to the taxi rates which should answer your question. Presumably your ship is docking at the Crown Bay facility? The West Indian Company dock is located at Havensight directly across the street from the Paradise Point tramway. Is that rate including the tramway fee?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Fare to Paradise Point

vinow.com/stthomas/…taxi_stt

Sorry, forgot the link!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
739 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Fare to Paradise Point

The $15 probably includes the tram ride. If so, that's a good price. I'd warn that the tram is really hot, but it's a really fun ride. I think the tram cost me $12 roundtrip but that was 6 years ago.

A cab from the bottom to the top of the hill used to cost $2pp - that was 2 years ago. But according to that website listing the fares, it's $7 from Charlotte Amalie to the top. Charlotte Amalie is only a mile from the bottom of the hill.

BTW, you can walk up and down. It would take 15 - 20 minutes to walk up it. The road zigzags back and forth, it's not straight up. I've only walked down it because the $2 per person sounded fair and everyone else in my group was too lazy. I could only talk them into walking down. I wouldn't pay any more than $2 or $3 for the cab ride up. For 4 people, that's $8-12. That's plenty. And for a cab down, you gotta pay again.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Fare to Paradise Point

Generally cruise excursions include transportation and "other" stuff. Check to see. If this includes the admission fee, it's a good deal.

5. Re: Taxi Fare to Paradise Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2010, 06:18