We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to the Elysian?

Appleton, Wisconsin
7 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone been to the Elysian?

We are planning on going to the Elysian the week of Nov. 6th and was wondering if anyone has been there and what is it like. We have no kitchen which is sad. Do they have ice machines? What's great and not so great. Thank you very much for time and help!!

New Haven...
Level Contributor
258 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to the Elysian?

We were down recently and checked out the Elysian because some guests for our wedding in March are staying there. It looked very nice. In fact we thought it looked the nicest of all the condo/timeshare resorts on the east end. It's also right next to the Ritz in case you want to go next door for lunch or dinner. Have a great trip! Please post when you get back, I am curious to know what the units are like. (we didn't get to see the rooms)

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to the Elysian?

my grandparents have a condo on cowpet bay (where the eylisan is located) its not that crowded so you will probably have the beach to yourself b/c its not that busy of tiime of the year...the pool is big and really nice and it has a waterfall/cave in the pool which is really fun hehe...the 2 resturants there (Roberts American Grille and Bonnies By the Sea) are amazing...i've known Bonnie my whole life (im 16 so ive known her since i was born) there are ice machines i've seen them...so i hope this helps..if you need any more help please feel free and ask! have a nice trip

Helen

Appleton, Wisconsin
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been to the Elysian?

When was the last time you were there? The last e-mail under east side was not very good reviews. They said the room need work. I think our room is all the way in the back. Just how far is that from the beach? I had two knee surgeries this year. The last review also said Bonnie's was terrible. Do you have any favorites that we should do or not miss? Thanks!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
150 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been to the Elysian?

I have also heard that the rooms needed some repair, but I believe that Fair Field has purchased it and they are doing renovations. We are going there in July 2006, and I am hoping it is all finished and welcoming.

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been to the Elysian?

who said that Bonnie's was terrible? the food is great, the service is great, the entertainment is great...what else can you ask for?

Helen

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone been to the Elysian?

also lovetotravelfromwi, why dont you consider renting one of the condos? they range from 1,2,3 bedrooms, a kitchen, balcony, living room, a/c, etc.......but if you already made reservations call up the Elysian since you had knee surgery and ask for a lower level bedroom just b/c ive heard that they dont have elevators in some of the towers that rooms are located in...im not sure i havent been in the elysian rooms or anything just the ground b/c my grandma's condo is to the side of the elysian (you'll see it when you get down there it is the tan/brown condo's to the left..not the green and white ones to the right) but the Elysian has good views and everything..dont believe some of these people just b/c i have gone down there 16 years...since i was a baby (yes im only 16) and i know what i am talking about...again i hope you have fun...and do you plan on going to st. johns, bvi's b/c i can help you on planning stuff and where you want to go etc...please feel free on asking!

Helen

Appleton, Wisconsin
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone been to the Elysian?

If you put Elysian under hotels for reviews the last review was not very good and they said that Bonnie's was terrible. We do plan to go to St John for the day and drive around. We also are going to do a day trip sailing around St John or the BVI's but not sure with whom as of yet. Thank you very much for everything!

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone been to the Elysian?

no problem for the help..and just to tell you that the Elysian is great, everyone is great and say hi to Bonnie for me...you'll have a wonderful time...write up when you get back on how it was!

Helen