We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airfare

Maryland,USA
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
airfare

Hi, i am looking for airfare for June and right now its pretty expensive from the Wash area to st. thomas when is the good time to buy? will the prices go down? someone told me in Feb was a good time to get them any helpful info would be great

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airfare

I've been getting good prices with tripadvisor.com. Check that out and also kayak.com.

We're paying 450.00 from Philly. Direct flights. I may have jumped on that price too early, but we paid 750.00 last time we went, so 450.00 sounds cheap

Maryland,USA
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airfare

thanks a bunch i was hoping under 500.00i will keep an eye

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airfare

Remember to check airfare on different days of the week at different times of the day. Sometimes you will see a dip in fares midweek and after 5pm & before 8pm. Occasionally, you'll find really good prices on Expedia, but once you've selected the cheap departure flight, you will only be guaranteed that price if you return on an inconvenient (time wise, stop wise, whatever) flight. Also, at different times of the day/week, you will find different flights and times offered. So, you have some time...play around with it, checking all the various venues, including cheapflights.com

Maryland,USA
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airfare

thanks that was great info

SC
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airfare

Yeah i bought some tickets this morning via Expedia for $486. It's a direct flight out of Charlotte, NC. I have been watching and the prices fluctuate every day for sure. It's a pain. I think $486 is the cheapest I have seen, it went up as high as $903. I also noticed I got different prices if I searched for one ticket versus 6 tickets. Good luck!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airfare

we bought tickets last week on US Airways for under $300 apiece round trip out of Detroit-connecting in Charloette. Flying on weekdays is cheaper. I used www.farecompare.com to check out fares on different airlines. I booked directly through the airline once I found the flight I wanted. Hope that helps.

SC
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airfare

I meant to mention the ones I bought were for this May. I think the month matters as well as far as the prices..

8. Re: airfare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2010, 05:16