We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Marriott's Frenchman's Cove

Raleigh
2 posts
Save Topic
Thoughts on Marriott's Frenchman's Cove

Any thoughts on Marriott's Frenchman's Cove? I have a timeshare and could stay 7 nights there for my first trip to the USVI. The only other choice is Bluebeard's Beach Club & Villas..........any thoughts would be appreciated.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on Marriott's Frenchman's Cove

I would choose the Marriott over Bluebeard's. The Marriott is conveniently located, pretty views, easy to get to town, and lots of options for activities, dining, etc.

boston
Level Contributor
607 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on Marriott's Frenchman's Cove

We own at the Cove. Brand new w/ accessibility to Marriott Hotel next door. This will be our 4th trip this March. Ongoing construction, so request a unit far away from construction as possible. We've never had a problem in this regard.

Units are brand new (3 years or less) with at least 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, laundry facilites. There is a lack of mature landscaping but you could go next door for that (esp. if you need shade.)

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,103 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on Marriott's Frenchman's Cove

It really depends what you're looking for as they're quite different places. Bluebeard's Beach Club is an older but very comfortable and well-maintained facility on a beautiful beach (IMO much nicer than the beach area at the Cove/Frenchman's Reef/Morningstar) and the location is very convenient. Best advice wherever you stay is to rent a car so you can really explore the island.

If I didn't live here and had a choice I personally would opt for Bluebeard's over the Cove as I'm all for total relaxation, peace and quiet and less of a "resort" atmosphere. Have a wonderful time whichever place you choose!

4. Re: Thoughts on Marriott's Frenchman's Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2010, 05:19