We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Bambooz

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Big Bambooz

anyone been to Big Bambooz in Red Hook yet? I saw it being built in October and now see on the internet that its open as of last week. I love Tiki Bars, we have several right here in my town at the Jersey Shore.

If no ones been yet, i'll all let you know how it is when i go next week!!!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Bambooz

We were going to try it during our visit, but never got there. It seemed to draw a big early evening crowd (4-7), but did not look that busy later on in the evening (7-9).

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Bambooz

Hi Elizabeth...can't wait to hear what you think about this new place.

Do you know exactly where it is in Red Hook?

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Bambooz

It is directly on the road , street level, in the old gas station space at American Yacht Harbor - jammed into the area that used to hold the dumpsters between what was "off the Hook" and the Neptune Fishing Store.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
222 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Bambooz

We were there in Jan. GREAT bathrooms and will give Love Shack a run for their money! I thought prices were a llittle higher than others in RH. $15.00 for a cheeseburger seemed a little higher? Had a nice acoustic guitar the night we were there. Wait staff was slim to none.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
306 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Bambooz

We were there in January too. We really liked it. They had a guitar player playing the night we were there. He was really good. I also agree with the previous poster that said they will give Duffy's some heightened competition!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
831 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big Bambooz

We ate lunch there in January, just after finishing our charter deep sea fishing. The burgers and chicken teryaki sandwich were quite good. Interestingly my son and I each caught a wahoo and the captain sold mine (31 lbs) to the Big Bambooz and it was added as a special that night! Talk about fresh fish---6 hours old.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
831 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Big Bambooz

We ate lunch there in January, just after finishing our charter deep sea fishing. The burgers and chicken teryaki sandwich were quite good. Interestingly my son and I each caught a wahoo and the captain sold mine (31 lbs) to the Big Bambooz and it was added as a special that night! Talk about fresh fish---6 hours old.

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Big Bambooz

Great Thanks. Don't think we would eat there but certainly will stop for cocktails.

I'll let you know Connie!! I just got a text from BillnSue (from the "other" board) and they are at the Beach Bar RIGHT NOW!!!

home
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Big Bambooz

We stopped there for lunch a couple times, early Feb.. I thought it was excellent. A huge and very good burger came with choice of frys, reg, sweet potatoe or russet, for $10.00. Not for the meak at heart. Mahi sandwich was also very good. Nice atmosphere and watching the Red Hook scene from the bar area is entertaining. It is located directly across from the Marina Market driveway and next to Off The Hook which is undergoing some serious renovations. There are new walking paths with decks at the rear of the buildings. Ya can't miss the Big Bamboo especially at night. It's very open air with the kitchen right in the middle and open for all to see. Nice Place.

10. Re: Big Bambooz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Thomas
Recent Conversations