We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days at St Thomas: where to stay?

Rome-Italy
Level Contributor
75 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
3 days at St Thomas: where to stay?

Hi all,

first of all i want to thanks everybody who contribute to this forum and make it a valuable source of information! Secondly, i apologize for my bad english so please forgive my mistake.

Straight to the point: i'll be for the first time at USVI and BVI with my family for three weeks (can hardly wait); i've already reserved a villa both for St. John and Virgin Gorda but stil have to reserve 3 nights in St Thomas (first 2 nights and last one before coming back in Italy via New york).

We'd like to spend no more than 150 euro per night (around 200 $). Front beach is a nice to have but not a must (we'll rent a car). More valuable for us could be to have use of kichen due to the fact that our 4 y.o. son will be with us. Any advice on this?

How much will cost the taxi from Charlotte Amalie to Red hook? And from Charlotte Amalie to the airport? Just to have an idea...

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,228 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days at St Thomas: where to stay?

Bluebeard's Castle has kitchen facilities, and it's close to town so easy to get to and from the airport. Villa Blanca also has kitchen facilities, but it's a little outside of town, but not too far. Both of these places are generally very affordable.

Oh! Here's a place that's in the Red Hook (close to the ferry to St John) area, and seems to have very good rates:

http://www.cabrita-by-the-sea.com/

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,273 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days at St Thomas: where to stay?

Here's a link to the taxi rates which should help with one of your questions:

vinow.com/stthomas/…taxi_stt

Note that the taxis charge per person.

It's not easy to find accommodations for 2/1 night stays but if you can deal with communal use of a microwave and 'fridge you could also take a look at Crystal Palace above town, www.crystalpalaceusvi.com, where a continental breakfast is included in the room price. Another alternative in your price range (but no kitchen) would be the Best Western Emerald Beach which is right on a lovely beach on the road to the airport.

Cheers!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days at St Thomas: where to stay?

At Home in the Tropics B&B is super...gorgeous views, immaculate accommodations, excellent breakfasts, and only a few steps down hill to town. However, you will need to drive to the beach. But this is a wonderful little inn for a few days and the hosts are exceptionally nice and attentive people. Check it out on this forum for pictures and other reviews.

Rome-Italy
Level Contributor
75 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days at St Thomas: where to stay?

Thank you all, very helpful information. I'll try to reserve a room at Bluebeard's Castle. At Home in the Tropics B&B seems a very nice place to stay at but they do not accept kids under 6-7y.o.

Cheers!

5. Re: 3 days at St Thomas: where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2010, 05:17