We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

Hello good people of the forum. I will be on STT this may and want to rent a car for the week. I read good things about dependable. my question is; does the process of calling dependable once landed, waiting to get picked up at the airport, being taken to their off-site office, doing the paper work, etec. take a long time OR are they rather quick? I really want to get going as soon as we land and I would hate for this to be a long process of waiting & shuttling.

I realize budget is on-site, but i hear terrible things about them.

any advice or comments will be appreciated. THANKS!!! Mack

Alabamastan
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

For our vacation 2 Mays ago, Dependable was there less than 10 minutes after we called. I don't recall doing the paperwork as a long drawn-out experience, either. But there's a reason I take my watch off before the airplane touches down in St. Thomas, I'm just saying.

-Sandy

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

Very fast. Enough time for a cold beverage and baggage. You will love how fast you will be in your jeep and on the road. Keep left!

massachusetts
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

Rented from them last year and this year--averaged 15 minutes after I called to arrive---worth it though, they picked us up in the actual rental car, so no luggage switch after the the office arrival to fill out paperwork,which took less than 5 minutes---very worth it--good service

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

Never had a problem. They were efficient and there in no time.

They're use to this, so they want to get you going asap.

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
86 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

I haven't used Dependable yet but I intend to next time. I've rented from Budget twice. It was nice to fill out the paperwork while waiting for the luggage. The 1st time we reserved a car to stay in St. Thomas and only visit St. John on a sunny day. Everything was fine. The 2nd time we used Budget, sure enough, they didn't have any Jeeps on site for us. They put all 5 of us and our luggage in a mid sized awful 4 door car to drive over to Sapphire where they had a Jeep for us. Sad old car! But, that's not my least favorite part of it all. At the airport Budget has their cars across the small parking lot and up a set of about 15-20 steps! Man, it's a bugger for our group of women and children to drag our bags up the stairs after 8 hours of travel and getting off the plane to the St. Thomas heat. Last time there I vowed to use Dependable next time! Even if it did take a few minutes more I now feel it would be worth it.

Have a great trip!

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

Basically agree with all the replies. We have used Dependable for years. Last year they were a little slow picking us up from the airport, but this year we landed st 2:30 pm and made the 4:00 car ferry to STJ from Red hook. 'nuff said

Colin

SE USA
Level Contributor
760 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

We have used them twice.

Each time we waited 10-15 minutes for them to arrive at the airport and then 5 mins to get to their office then 10 mins of paperwork...then you're off...

KEEP LEFT!

8. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 05:18