We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

Hello good people of the forum. I will be on STT this may and want to rent a car for the week. I read good things about dependable. my question is; does the process of calling dependable once landed, waiting to get picked up at the airport, being taken to their off-site office, doing the paper work, etec. take a long time OR are they rather quick? I really want to get going as soon as we land and I would hate for this to be a long process of waiting & shuttling.

I realize budget is on-site, but i hear terrible things about them.

any advice or comments will be appreciated. THANKS!!! Mack

Alabamastan
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
1. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

For our vacation 2 Mays ago, Dependable was there less than 10 minutes after we called. I don't recall doing the paperwork as a long drawn-out experience, either. But there's a reason I take my watch off before the airplane touches down in St. Thomas, I'm just saying.

-Sandy

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
305 posts
2. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

Very fast. Enough time for a cold beverage and baggage. You will love how fast you will be in your jeep and on the road. Keep left!

massachusetts
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
3. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

Rented from them last year and this year--averaged 15 minutes after I called to arrive---worth it though, they picked us up in the actual rental car, so no luggage switch after the the office arrival to fill out paperwork,which took less than 5 minutes---very worth it--good service

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

Never had a problem. They were efficient and there in no time.

They're use to this, so they want to get you going asap.

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
86 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

I haven't used Dependable yet but I intend to next time. I've rented from Budget twice. It was nice to fill out the paperwork while waiting for the luggage. The 1st time we reserved a car to stay in St. Thomas and only visit St. John on a sunny day. Everything was fine. The 2nd time we used Budget, sure enough, they didn't have any Jeeps on site for us. They put all 5 of us and our luggage in a mid sized awful 4 door car to drive over to Sapphire where they had a Jeep for us. Sad old car! But, that's not my least favorite part of it all. At the airport Budget has their cars across the small parking lot and up a set of about 15-20 steps! Man, it's a bugger for our group of women and children to drag our bags up the stairs after 8 hours of travel and getting off the plane to the St. Thomas heat. Last time there I vowed to use Dependable next time! Even if it did take a few minutes more I now feel it would be worth it.

Have a great trip!

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

Basically agree with all the replies. We have used Dependable for years. Last year they were a little slow picking us up from the airport, but this year we landed st 2:30 pm and made the 4:00 car ferry to STJ from Red hook. 'nuff said

Colin

SE USA
Level Contributor
760 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

We have used them twice.

Each time we waited 10-15 minutes for them to arrive at the airport and then 5 mins to get to their office then 10 mins of paperwork...then you're off...

KEEP LEFT!

8. Re: Dependable Car Rental - fast service or slow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 05:18