*Stayed at the morningstar at the marriott in ocean front room. It had a nice balcony and only steps from the beach.
*Got a good price at cheapcarribean.com
* Spend at least one day in ST John and go to Truck bay. Beautiful!!! Stop before that and do some shopping at Mongoose junction. Best day of trip.
* Had our best meal at Room with a view
* the beach was just ok. very wavy.
* not much to do at night other than go to dinner
* shopping in downtown is worthless unless you are looking for jewelry. I would suggest Havensight or Yacht Haven.
Driving is a problem here narrow widing roads. We did not get a car and took cabs everywhere. if you go off hotel property you are
talking about an $8-$10 cab ride per person each way. That is $40 before you even eat dinner. Spent alot of money on cabs but since the driving is tough here was probably the best of two evils. Also, don't expect to get a cab of your own. They pick up other passengers along the way so if you are in a hurry to get somewhere give yourself enough time.
Overall: St Thomas is very pretty and is worth going to but not much more to do there than the beach. It was worth seeing but i would not go back prefer Aruba.