We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

Hello! I am planning to visit St Thomas for a week in October! I have been watching the prices, and was thinking that the end of the summer would be the best time to make my reservations. It appears that booking through cheapcaribbean.com during one of their 99 hour sales would be the best route. Has anyone had good or bad experiences booking through them? Do you have other suggestions? They seem to be a little cheaper than travelocity, expedia, and orbitz.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
291 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

Check bookit.com out too. They sometimes work with St Thomas on special rates. I remember specifically when the quarter was issued last year and rooms were .25 a night promo rate to celebrate it and you could only book through bookit.com. Not saying that you're going to get that rate, because that was a very rare occasion, but they may be competitive to what you are looking at.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

I would also give kayak.com and mobissimo.com a look. They search for rates on a wide variety of websites, including some you probably haven't heard of. It also saves you time because it does all the searches at once, rather than you having to go to the individual sites. Additionally, they both let you run simultaneous searches on Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire, so you really can see that you are getting the best deal.

Hamburg...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

I would not suggest expedia. We booked our vacation and then 2 days later the same exact vacation was $50 cheaper and they will not price match or compensate if prices go down after 24 hours of booking. I would look for a site that will does.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
86 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

Thank you! I haven't heard of these websites. This is very helpful.

Watertown...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

Bookit.com is the way to go ! Have used them 5 times now and have not had 1 problem. Plus they have great deals all the time and the pay delay which has come in handy

Geneseo, Illinois
Level Contributor
530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

Isn't cheaper to book directly from the owner on VRBO etc.? Just asking between trading my time share & weeks in my vacation home I haven't booked a hotel in quite a few years.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

We just returned from our 2nd vacation via cheapcaribbean.com. I had a problem upon checkin at the STT Marriott Frenchman;s Reef. They were available by phone. The prices beat all others including the above mentioned websites. I would recommend them and will book with them again. We tried St Lucia this time and wished we would have chosen St. Thomas due to the clarity of the water, great snorkelling and great food. Good Luck!

kansas
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

We got a GREAT deal at Costco.com ... Even worth the price of joining if you not already a member but you can see the prices at costco.com then just click on Travel.

Have a wonderful trip!

9. Re: The best way to book a St Thomas vacation????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 05:16