We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on St. Thomas in condo for 2 weeks?

California
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay on St. Thomas in condo for 2 weeks?

Hi all. We have never been to St. Thomas before and are looking to rent a condo for 2 weeks in the summer. Would like to know the best area to stay, being on the beach, but still close to restaurants. East side, west side???? Thanks

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,021 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on St. Thomas in condo for 2 weeks?

Go to www.vrbo.com and check out condo rentals at Sapphire, Crystal Cove - along with, secondly, Elysian. Reason for first two choices excellent beach and snorkeling (both on Sapphire) reason for second not so good snorkeling but a very good restaurant on site. Secret Harbour is also an option but you won't find the rentals on vrbo as the management company handles those units. Beautiful beach and excellent restaurant on site, the Blue Moon Cafe, which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. However, if you take general advice, figure a car rental into your budget so you can easily get out and explore. West End not an option really - VERY remote! Cheers and happy planning!

California
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on St. Thomas in condo for 2 weeks?

Thank-you so much for the info. I will be checking it out!!!

California
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on St. Thomas in condo for 2 weeks?

Thank-you so much for the info. I will be checking it out!!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
808 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on St. Thomas in condo for 2 weeks?

Check out VRBO.com for rentals at Cowpet Bay. There are 3 excellent condo complexes on Cowpet Bay. Cowpet East, Cowpet West and the Elysian Beach Resort. The beach is very nice but not as spectacular as Sapphire, however, the amenities are far superior to those at Sapphire/Crystal Cove. There is are two onsite restaurants, a pool and pool bar, a gym, a spa and a tennis court and a beach shack that rents kayaks, sailboats, sailboards and paddle boats. Cowpet Bay, Sapphire and Secret Harbour are close to Red Hook with its restaurants, shops and the ferry to St. John. Good luck.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay on St. Thomas in condo for 2 weeks?

If I had the opportunity to rent for 2 weeks on St. Thomas, I would definetly rent at Sapphire Beach or Sapphire Village, depending on your budget.

We've stayed at both and although being on the beach is perfect, the village has some nice condos to rent and they are cheaper then on the beach.

We didn't find it a hassle to drive down to the beach, or even walk down. If you plan to stay in the Village, please get the first condo building off the Marina, which escapes me now.

One place you may want to check is condodelmar.com. I rented there once and was happy with the accomodations. (I have no affiliation with the website, just an idea).

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay on St. Thomas in condo for 2 weeks?

My vote goes to Secret Harbour. Pretty beach, excellent restaurant, good location near Red Hook for the ferry to St. John. However, not all units are created equal -- this can be a plus or minus at all of the places mentioned.

Also very pretty sunsets at Secret Harbour.

7. Re: Where to stay on St. Thomas in condo for 2 weeks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 05:16