We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
11 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay

Hello! My cousins and I are traveling to St. Thomas in March and we are looking at two places to stay. Wyndham Sugar bay and the Frenchman's Reef Marriott. The marriott is about $500 Cheaper and not all inclusive like the Wyndham. I have heard mixed reviews on both and I need some advice. We are in our late 20's and looking for a relaxing vacation, nice beach, good food. I have been reading that their are two parts to the Marriott. A high part on the reef and the lower part on the Morningstar. We were looking at the water view in the Reef rooms but are the Morningstar rooms with garden views better? If anyone has any helpful information on either property that would be fantastic. This is also our first trip to St. Thomas and any ideas on things to do and see would be great also! Thank you so much!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay

If you want to be right on the beach, then go for rooms at Morningstar. Otherwise, many rooms at the Reef have great views. Most people who go to St. Thomas don't do all inclusive as there are lots of good places to eat on the island. And it's a totally different vibe in the Virgins, as opposed to Cancun or Dominican Republic where all-inclusive is the norm. You might want to request Beautiful Bill's list of stuff to do because it's probably the most comprehensive floating around. Also, you can find tons of info just by googling. I also like to check out the youtube videos of various places. Some are quite good, especially the "colors of paradise" videos at www.vinow.com.

2. Re: Where to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2011, 05:41