We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a popular spring break destination?

Florence, Kentucky
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is this a popular spring break destination?

We will be traveling to St. Thomas 3/31-4/3 in hopes of a relaxing long weekend. I am wondering if I shouild expect a spring break crowd.

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,590 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a popular spring break destination?

Not the drinking/partying spring break crowd, but you may encounter some nature loving, laid back spring breakers. The VI has never tried to attract that market, and there's no huge beach where people can see and be seen.

Also no high-rise hotels with multi-floor discos.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a popular spring break destination?

No. St. Thomas and Cancun, for example, are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Check out my VI pics and pieces to get a better glimpse. …wordpress.com/2010/…

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a popular spring break destination?

You may likely see many families with school age children during that time but not a college crowd - even with an 18 yr. old drinking allowance the prices and accommodations are not crowd friendly.

4. Re: Is this a popular spring break destination?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 23:16