We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sushi

Thibodaux,La
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sushi

Headed out to St. Thomas in 1 week. We are staying at the Ritz and will have a car.

What is the best sushi place on the island?

Thanks

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sushi

Well I have to admit that I haven't tried too many on the island, but we have been to Lotus several times and really like that. It is in Red Hook very close to where you will be staying.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,261 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sushi

Katie and her crew at Enkai at Gregorie East (close to Frenchtown and on the water) does an excellent job!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
840 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sushi

Lotus is no longer there. It is now Coco Blue. The sushi at Buddha Sushi just west of Red Hook is OK, but we don't care for the rest of their food. I have heard that the sushi shack (not sure it has an official name) at Hull Bay is good but have not tried it. We've tried several times but they haven't been open during the lunchtime. They seem to be open at dinner time only. Its not much to look at, but that doesn't mean the food isn't good. Maybe someone who knows about this place can shed some light.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,219 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sushi

I've also heard good things about Enkai, but that's too far. There's a new Asian restaurant across from Marina Market in Red Hook that has an extensive sushi menu. Nice place. I only had the California roll, and you can't judge a sushi bar by a Calif roll!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sushi

Enkai is also open for lunch which may not be 'too far' if you are downtown for the day. The OP also mentions they have a car and personally may not find Frenchtown to be such a long trip.

Hull Bay sushi stand is only open for dinner.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,219 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sushi

Enkai is only open for lunch during the week, unfortunately.

Boston...
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sushi

Does anyone happen to know if Enkai offers any non-sushi options? Or if they can whip up some grilled tuna or something or the sort? We have a party of 7 with one person who doesn't have a liking for raw fish.

Thanks!

Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
291 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Sushi

Sushi means rice not raw fish. Not all sushi has raw fish in it. And Enkai is worth the trip so I would never say it was too far.

http://www.stthomasblog.com/?p=2072

9. Re: Best Sushi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 06:19