We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Night

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Beach at Night

We might be staying on Sapphire (Crystal cove condos) or near Maegan's beach. In general, are the beaches in STT safe during the night? If we wanted to take a walk, drink a glass of wine etc?

Thanks

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,681 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Night

Sapphire is well lit at night and there are security guards on duty. Magens is closed at night.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Night

If you do use a ton of bug spray with tons of deet !! Or you will be dinner for the noseeums and Mosquitos !!

Geneseo, Illinois
Level Contributor
530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Night

Bugs love me and I only need to spray if I'm out on the beach at sunrise or sunset. STT, is the beach lit in front of Crystal Cove? I've never noticed lights over there but perhaps I just haven't looked.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at Night

If you stay on Sapphire, a great place to go is out on the point with a couple chairs, and your wine . Get away from the light pollution so you can see the starts. Really a nice breeze that will keep most of the bugs away.

I've also learned to just bring bug spray with me anywhere we go. I just pop it into my mini backpack, just in case.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at Night

If you're staying on a resort, the beach at the resort should be fine for a night walk. The beaches are not long and generally near the cafe/restaurant as at Bolongo, Ritz, Marriott, Secret Harbour. Not sure about Sapphire, but sounds fine. Enjoy the sunset and island nights...my favorite times.

6. Re: Beach at Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 04:18