We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay in Charlotte Amalie

creekchick
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay in Charlotte Amalie

Hi. My husband and I usually go to Key West in November but will be trying St. Thomas this year. We are travelling with another couple so there will be four of us. My friends seem to think that Charlotte Amalie is a good area to visit and I would like recommendations on a good place to stay. We usually like to stay at a B&B but it doesn't really matter what kind of accomodations as long as it's nice and clean. We would also like to have access to the beach and a pool. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,358 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay in Charlotte Amalie

"Charlotte Amalie" is "town". There are B&Bs in town but none of them is close to a beach, most have pools but all entail a long walk downhill to town and also a long hill walk back up.

Best you do some research on what the island is all about by going to the LH side of this TA page and going to all the general information available right there.

Once you have a general idea of the topography and everything entailed in getting around, you might want to check out www.vrbo.com for condo rentals on the East End of the island. Look for units at Sapphire and Crystal Cove, Elysian and Cowpet and go from there. Then use the TA search engine on this forum to research and narrow down even more.

Last but not least, figure a rental car into your budget. That's another subject on which you'll find an abundance of responses via the search engine ... Hope that helps!

Edited: 04 August 2011, 19:15
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay in Charlotte Amalie

Check out At Home in the Tropics B&B in Charlotte Amalie http://www.athomeinthetropics.com/ Perfect for friends or family traveling together. Great hosts, terrific views of the harbor, spotless, excellent breakfasts -- and only a 5-10 minute walk to the shops and restaurants. You can catch (walk to) the ferry for St. John or the BVI. You will need to take a taxi or drive to the beach, but you do have fantastic views of the sea from the rooms and common areas. Small, but deep, pool and lovely patio. Also, individual refrigerators and microwave if you want to make your own lunch or dinner. Check out the pics and additional info on my site …wordpress.com/2010/…

3. Re: Place to stay in Charlotte Amalie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 23:16