We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
248 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be in STT for one day on a cruise. Cannot believe we are doing this...I was always anti-cruise. Have been to St. John (spent 10 days there a while back) and have been to the BVI--Norman Island, Jost, and Virgin Gorda. What would be something great to do? Will have a 10 year old in tow. Not into real touristy stuff. Is Magen's Bay cool? Suggestions are welcome.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
268 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife and I are doing the helmit dive at Coral World Looks amazing. Much more fun than boring some beach.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,965 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magens (no "s") is a gorgeous mile-long beach with full facilities (well-kept bathroom and changing stalls, beach bar and casual sandwich/pizza restaurant, a boutique store, kayak rentals, etc. and a lovely nature trail/hike. On multi cruise ship days in season it gets busy but once you get away from the main concession area there's still plenty of quiet room. The only disadvantage is that there's very little decent snorkeling compared to other beaches.

The Coral World aquarium is at Coki Beach. They have sea lions there and all sorts of interactive sealife activities to charm both the old and the young while the underwater observatory is quite spectacular. Coki has good snorkeling and is a beautiful beach but gets very crowded on multi cruise ship days and is also packed with vendors who can, for many, be a bit of a pain.

I'm sure many others will have many different suggestions and using the search engine on this site will also give you tons of ideas as yours is a very frequently asked question.

As for the cruising, I have no doubt you'll love the experience. When I came to live here almost 30 years ago I'd never cruised and never been interested in doing so but over the next several years took many a cruise down island on a variety of ships and LOVED the experience. Visiting many of the down islands inspired me to go back and stay on them for longer periods.

Enjoy a wonderful day here whatever you decide to do!

3. Re: What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 14:16