We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pocket Yachts

Level Contributor
403 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Pocket Yachts

We're going to St. Thomas in early December. I know there's a negative posting out there, but we've been looking at taking a trip to the BVI's and they are significantly cheaper than other options. I know sometimes you get what you pay for. We would rent the boat and a captain.

Anyone have any more experiences with them lately, positive or negative? I did make a call to them and they seemed very nice and gave me lots of information.

It's a lot of money no matter what, so I don't want to spend it and have a totally bad experience.

Thanks!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pocket Yachts

Did you end up renting from them?

If not please post why or who you did go with.

I am looking at going with them as well, and having them pick us up on St. John.

Level Contributor
403 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pocket Yachts

No, we didn't go with them. Negotiated with another vendor that was recommended. While I really liked our "captain", the boat was a little disappointing. No seating in front. You might want to check out the seating arrangement if that could be an issue for you. Otherwise, I think there are very few bad days on the water down there. It will probably be the highlight of your trip.

Please let me know how it went for you as we will probably be going back. If you have any other specific questions, let me know.

Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pocket Yachts

Hi, Aqua Blue charters is a new charter company on the Island and by FAR the most professional along with a great captain! We have been doing day trips for years in ST. Thomas to the BVI's and so glad we found Scott from Aqua Blue charters. His boat is comfortable and he went above and beyond what we usually receive from others. I think his boat was a 26 ft center console and holds 6 or 7. We just got back and went out with Scott twice because he made the day that great! I will be writing a more detailed review soon! You wont be disappointed and he very affordable!

Gloucester...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Pocket Yachts

Hi, I just got back from St Thomas and had the pleasure of going out with Capt Scott on his power boat 'Mojo'. It was FANTASTIC!! The boat was super comfortable with bean bag chairs in the front for you to relax on. Scott went above and beyond to make our day fun. We went over to the BVI's and he was very knowledgeable about the islands. It was by far the highlight of our vacation. I highly recommend Aqua Blue Charters.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pocket Yachts

RE: bostonsun

'Mojo' is not licensed to carry seven passengers.

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pocket Yachts

My wife and I just traveled to the Virgin islands and had a blast. Water was beautiful and very romantic. The highlight of the trip was going out on a private boat for a day trip. We hunted for the best price for two days but we came across Pocket yachts while walking the dock in Sapphire Marina where we stayed. This was a very easy decision there prices were well below any competator. We even found a coupon for twenty five dollars off. We had the best time with Captain Tobie. Very professional and even showed us places we have never heard of. It was awsome. Check him out for sure.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Pocket Yachts

Thank you guys for a wonderful day to be a captain in the Virgin islands. Mason and Madison you all we fantastic and I cant wait for you all to get back down here. Call me again if you all wish to rent a condo in sapphire. The owners have summer rates for $80 a night and winter for $120. Well see you guys later and the sunsets always look better over the Virgin islands.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Pocket Yachts

We see this problem all the time down here. I personally stick to the guildlines set forth by the USCG. All my vessels are six pack boats and thats my max. Be aware that charter companies who dont have cert. inspected can have your day cut short.vessels cant take out more then six and if they do you and your party/daywill be cut short by the Coast Gurard. signed Poctet yachts

9. Re: Pocket Yachts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 October 2013, 23:35
10. Re: Pocket Yachts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 06:21