We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruz Bay

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cruz Bay

Can you walk from Cruz Bay to Honeymoon Beach at Caneel. We have a car on STT but the car ferries go back by 6pm and I want to stay and have dinner one night then passenger ferry back.

Thanks.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
641 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruz Bay

Yes, we've done it, there is a trail starting at the National Park Visitors Center....Lind Point Trail, here is a link, www.seestjohn.com/trails_lind_point.html we are not in great shape, but found this trail easy first stop was Salomon Bay which was incredible, the kind of beach that postcards are made of (but then all of the beaches of St John are high quality), then we went a short distance further to Honeymoon and onto Caneel. Check out the reviews in the Things to Do section here on Trip Advisor. Enjoy!

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
641 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruz Bay

PS,,,,if you are tired like we were after swimming at both beaches, and the hiking....you can easily catch a taxi at Caneel back to Cruz Bay (when we did that last year, I think we paid something like $10)

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruz Bay

thank you very much.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruz Bay

Make sure to stop by Salomon like the previous poster said. It was by far our favorite beach to go to when we were on our honeymoon. It is an easy walk from Cruz Bay and I promise you won't be disappointed. I had to get on Tripadvisor to think warm thoughts this morning considering it's a nasty snowy day here in Indy.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
641 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruz Bay

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147409-d5…

Several pictures and reviews of Salomon....

6. Re: Cruz Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2012, 10:16