We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at The Ritz-Carlton

Level Contributor
42 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at The Ritz-Carlton

We love to swim and float in the water a lot of time, but we read some reviews about the beach at RC that worried us. Someone wrote that the beach was unswimable. In the photos posted on TA we rarely see people within the water, instead there is a lot of dark zones. Can we swim without sea grass or reefs around us?

Thank you for your help.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at The Ritz-Carlton

There is some seagrass in the bay but this doesn't mean you can't swim there. It is a nice beach that is very popular for watersports. Island Sol, located at the Ritz, rents kayaks and small sail boats and you will see people kiteboarding if it is windy (this is where I go to kite) so I can tell you I am in that water a lot and it is nice. Since there is lots of seagrass that means your chances of seeing turtles are pretty good if you swim out with some snorkel gear.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,355 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at The Ritz-Carlton

There are plenty of gorgeous beaches on St Thomas and, right down the street from the Ritz is Secret Harbour, while further down you have Smith Bay Park, Sapphire and Coki. And, of course, you're not far from the Red Hook ferry terminal so you can go over to St John for a day and explore the beautiful beaches there!

3. Re: Beach at The Ritz-Carlton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2013, 10:35