We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a spring break "scene" on St. Thomas?

St. Charles, MO
14 posts
Save Topic
Is there a spring break "scene" on St. Thomas?

My family fell in love with the island when we were there for a week in January. We stayed at Secret Harbour and went snorkeling every morning from the beach, went "snuba" diving at Coki Beach and sailing with Capt. Jim on the Jester, along with sampling some of the best seafood in recent memory at your many restaurants. My daughter and I are coming back to St. Thomas 3-22 thru 4-1 and I was wondering if we would be competing with throngs of students on spring break. Will there be 10 kids in the condo next to mine at Secret Harbour? Will all the beaches be overrun with teens? I have 4 kids myself and understand they need to blow off steam, but I would like to know what we're in for during those ten days.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a spring break "scene" on St. Thomas?

There is very little if any "spring Break" scene on STT - it may well be crowded with families and their school age children but large groups of college age students have never been evident - high airfare, limited flights, no chain motels, no 'strip' of bars, not easy to rent a car at that age etc. probably are contributing factors - the 18 yr old drinking age here could be a big draw but the isolated location, limited accommodation choices, higher cost and lack of collegial camaraderie contribute to the general lack of interest for group partying.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a spring break "scene" on St. Thomas?

St. Thomas has never been a spring break sort of place (Cancun is popular with students because of the cheap all inclusive deals; ditto for the Dominican Republic, which is becoming another popular spring break spot; and Jamaica has many all inclusives that can draw a similar crowd).

However, you are more likely to find more families with young children, as well as teens, vacationing during spring and summer breaks from school.

3. Re: Is there a spring break "scene" on St. Thomas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:17