We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To those currently in STT...has it rained constant this week

New York
Level Contributor
113 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
To those currently in STT...has it rained constant this week

I am sure everyone is sick of the rain question, and although there is nothing I can do about it, it can gear me towards the vacation that I am going to embark on rather than the one I THINK I am going to embark on.......so....those of you who have been in ST Thomas this week...has it been a rainout?

Canada
Level Contributor
272 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To those currently in STT...has it rained constant this week

We got here monday No rain on Monday that I recall. Rained off and on Tuesday. One short burst of rain yesterday ( although that was in the bvi's) but rest of day was beautiful.. Seems everynday calls for rain but the rain is short lived. Today looks beautiful so far!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To those currently in STT...has it rained constant this week

Instead of paying attention to weather forecasts, bookmark these webcams and check them out several times a day:

Sapphire beach -

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com/

The ferry dock in Cruz Bay with St Thomas in the background and plenty of sky in which to count clouds -

http://www.stjohnspice.com/spicecam/

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To those currently in STT...has it rained constant this week

I have been here a week and a half and just had the usual occasional shower. It has been unusually windy for this time of year but the paper indicates that may end Friday

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To those currently in STT...has it rained constant this week

Use the webcams as STTR suggests.....soon you will realize that rain means anytime within the 24hr period of any given day. It usally rains at night/early morning, clears off, then maybe a 15-20 mins afternoon shower, then clear off for a beautiful evening.

One thing to remember, if its raining on the side of the island your on, go to the other side, its usually clear there.

Mike in Tulsa

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To those currently in STT...has it rained constant this week

There has been no days of constant rain in months and it is only a passing cloud and shower for the last week. The webcams are a great idea:

www.caribbean-on-line.com has quite few - on the left hand dropdown menu labeled webcams.

6. Re: To those currently in STT...has it rained constant this week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:15