We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun things to do

NJ
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fun things to do

Going to st Thomas with my 3 kids (20, 16 & 12). Wondering if anyone can give me some fun activities (we like hiking, swimming etc) and some good restaurant choices. We are staying at the Marriott frenchmans reef. Also is there a good place to plat tennis with competitive players? One son is very good player. Thanks

Traveler mom

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun things to do

Here's my slideshow of the hiking trail at Magens Bay beach:

www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php…

Here's my review of a good, family restaurant near the Reef:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147404-d104…

The Adventure Center at the Marriott has kayaks and offers a guided night kayak excursion as well as other activities. You can google for their website, because I'm never 100% certain as to what it is!

The good snorkeling beaches, though, are on the East End of the island.

I think The Ritz has a tennis pro on staff. I haven't seen him in a while, but I think that's where he was last time I talked to him. Maybe you can google "tennis pro st thomas" and find out for sure. Unfortunately, I've forgotten his name.

There are so many things to do - SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding), day sails, mini boats, sea scooters, SNUBA, etc. You definitely won't be bored!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun things to do

the tennis courts at Sub Base have an avid group of very competitive players each evening. Also the St Yacht Club has a fine group of players.

Edited: 15 March 2012, 16:41
St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun things to do

St Thomas Yacht club --- www.styc.net

NJ
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun things to do

Thanks so much Ms 411. Will check out the slideshow!

Also thanks to you and local sailor for the tennis info. Will check both of them out. The pro at the Ritz could probably hook us up with a good junior player. Can't wait --I have been wanting to come to St. Thomas for years!

5. Re: Fun things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Thomas
Recent Conversations