We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Rental? / Overnight Boat Rental?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Topic
Boat Rental? / Overnight Boat Rental?

We are coming down the first week to St. John in May and looked like we were tentatively booked for a boat.

I am curious what boat companies people recommend? I was looking into Pocket Yachts, but have not seen any recent reviews.

Also, since we are staying on St. John, I am wondering if anyone knows of a company that will allow us to keep it on St. John if we do an 2 day booking?

We don't need anything fancy or fast, we are more function over fashion. I rented a 17 foot rigid inflatable a few years ago and we haul a$$ from Tortola->Indians->Caves-> Sandy Spit-> Jost ->Tortola on a day rental, and that boat handled great. So anything comparable or better at a good price is fine!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Rental? / Overnight Boat Rental?

If you rent on St John - Ocean Runner or NautiNymph[at the Westin] - you wouldn't have to worry about overnite mooring - [they won't let you run after sunset anyway if that was the plan] - just put it back and use it again in the AM - you can probably get a good price for a multi-day rental.

Pocket Yachts in Sapphire on STT has smaller boats that may not be the best ocean vessels unless it is dead flat calm.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Rental? / Overnight Boat Rental?

localsailor - thanks for the info!

The main plan for a 2 day rental would not be for running at night, but the discount from renting from Pocket Yachts and/or not having a captain would allow us for 2 days vs. a one day captained boat. Being able to moor/dock the boat would be a time saver. If we had to return the boat, it would make it alot less convenient. Driving the boat was fairly easy last time I was down here so I am considering doing again!

3. Re: Boat Rental? / Overnight Boat Rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about St. Thomas
Recent Conversations