We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NIghtlife St. Thomas and St. John

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
353 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
NIghtlife St. Thomas and St. John

Will be spending time on both St. John and St. Thomas in June. Looking for suggestions on nightlife--live music, etc. Traveling with my husband, brother and his spouse, and my 21-year old daughter and her friend. Any ideas on locations we might all enjoy? We'd enjoy some good drinks with some awesome island live music...

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
Rum Bar
Bars & Clubs
Gogo's Office Bar and Karaoke Lounge
Bars & Clubs, Karaoke Bars
The Sugar Mill
Bars & Clubs, Jazz Clubs & Bars, Dance Clubs & Discos
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,523 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NIghtlife St. Thomas and St. John

There's a free weekly advertising newspaper which comes out every Thursday and can be found in most supermarkets and grocery stores. "The Island Trader" is a great source of information on what's going every week and where. You can also access it online via a link at www.virginislandsdailynews.com.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NIghtlife St. Thomas and St. John

Where are you staying? Much of the "nightlife" is in the Red Hook area. There are several bars there (Molly's, Duffy's, Island Time Pub, etc). Latitude 18 has often has live music and is my personal choice, it's close to Red Hook. Iggie's is also a good time, it's located at the Bolongo Beach Resort. They too often have live music and every Weds is Carnival night with food and entertainment.

I haven't spent time on St. John in the evenings so I'm not sure where the evening hot spots are.

Edited: 10 May 2012, 13:26
Mentioned in this post
Red Hook
Red Hook
St. Thomas
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
353 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NIghtlife St. Thomas and St. John

Staying 5 nights at Frenchman's Reef and 7 at our Frenchmen's Cove timeshare. We have made prior trips, but this is the first trip where our daughter is "legal," so prior trips did not include much nightlife...Thanks for the recommendations..is it like NY, where people go out at 10 p.m.? I will be tired after all that sun and water. :)

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NIghtlife St. Thomas and St. John

We would go out in the evenings around 8PM or so and turn in close to midnight. Some places were still going and others were dead. St. Thomas generally isn't "hoppin" where people party in to the wee hours of the morning, the bar scene is really laid back there. I would definitely check out Iggies, it's closer to Frenchman's Reef.

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
5. Re: NIghtlife St. Thomas and St. John

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 08:15