We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duffy's Love Shack

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Duffy's Love Shack

Tell me about it.....

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duffy's Love Shack

Try using the search feature then sort the results by date.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=172&geo=147404&scope=2&q=duffys+love+shack&s=D

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duffy's Love Shack

Or

http://www.duffysloveshack.com/

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duffy's Love Shack

Can't comment on the food as I've only drank there. It's overrated, in my opinion. It's a bar in a parking lot. They usually play loud music that you can hear on the radio anywhere. In my opinion, Latitude 18 is more fun. It's laid back, has live music most evenings, and is right on the water.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duffy's Love Shack

Our opinion of D's and Lat 18 is slightly different.

We agree that the only thing special about it is that its in a parking lot. Nonetheless, it's not all bad, and you can have a decent, modest meal for a reasonable (for St Thomas) price. Fortunately, they do not have the loud music continuously, so if you desire, you can find out when it will be "on", and avoid those times.

The one time we went to Lat 18, the music was so loud that were really repelled, and left and had dinner someplace. Of course, that was just one exposure. With Lat 18, I would also call in advance and find a time that the entertainment (if any) is likely to be to your liking.

Steve

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duffy's Love Shack

As Travelgurl said it is a bar in a parking lot, but somehow, to me anyway, it becomes an outdoor night club after dark.

They have all sorts of crazy drinks-a volcano that is erupting when delivered, a fish tank, and so on. I find the food surprisingly good. I think on Thursday night they have a lobster dinner for $31 as a special. To be honest, at this point I am not there after 9 or 10 when the place can really get rolling.

Latitude 18 is also a good choice. I have not eaten there since the new group took over, but the food used to good.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duffy's Love Shack

As a (self-appointed) "friend of the ecosystem" I am not too fond of those "crazy drinks", because they are served in vessels that are (essentially) non-reusable, and are non-recyclable.

One time, when we visited our condo, there were about ten or twelve of the mugs that "Funkey Monkeys" were served in, up on a shelf. I brought them back to Duffy's hoping that they would be reused. Instead of the "thank you" that I anticipated, I got an "are-you-crazy, what-are-we-going -to-do-with-them" look. I am sure that as soon as I turned around they went straight into the trash, and then to a landfill.

Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duffy's Love Shack

OK for lunch at night I prefer a beach bar such as Iggys.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
370 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duffy's Love Shack

I took several 20 somethings there a few years ago.

Upon their return they said it was a total waste of time, totally over hyped, not much more than a shack in a parking lot.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Duffy's Love Shack

I've heard of a shark tank...good?

Geneseo, Illinois
Level Contributor
536 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Duffy's Love Shack

I guess it depends on the night, who you are with & what you are looking for. When my daughter got married on island last fall we took an SUV full of the younger group over, they had a great time and went back again the night after the wedding. It's a bit wild for me after 10, but in my younger years I think it would have suited me fine. The lobster on Thursday is great, but I believe they don't often have it off season. Shark Tank will mess you up. It's made for 2, but many drink it alone and the aftermath isn't pretty.