We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did I Really Just Pay That?!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
605 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Did I Really Just Pay That?!

Like everyone here, recent airline prices have been a bit disturbing to me...every year I feel like I can count on paying $100 - $150 more per person for airfare. My morning ritual has been to check airline prices...daily, since April for our November trip. Prices have been running $580-$620 RT per person out of most of the major airports in Ohio. This morning, I did my usual search and by moving our trip Sunday - Wednesday (11 days), instead of Saturday - Tuesday - I just booked tickets on US Air out of Dayton (so, I have to drive from Columbus) for $290 per person!!!! I haven't paid that since 2007 for a flight. Needless to say, I was squealing with excitement. Nothing like two tickets for the price of one. The best part - it's still only one stop in CLT. :)

Hoping some of you can land similar deals. Good luck if you're still on the hunt!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did I Really Just Pay That?!

Wow congratulations! That's amazing! We ended up at over $900 per person for our trip next month. That was a bit hard to swallow.

I can imagine how excited you must be!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did I Really Just Pay That?!

I've found in traveling almost any place that it's best to search early and often. You can do a quick Kayak search at different times of the day and night, different days of the week, etc. It's a bit of an effort at times, but I've also gotten half price deals on trips on occasion. If you are flexible with the dates, days, time of day, etc. that can be a big plus.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did I Really Just Pay That?!

WOW!! We booked our trip for September back in February and paid $560 person out of Columbus. We're on American since they were the cheapest at the time, but they keep changing my flight times on me!! Grrrrrr!!! Now the flights on American are up to $623! Pays to book early!

Edited: 18 July 2012, 16:33
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
222 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did I Really Just Pay That?!

I just booked a Sept trip to STT from Omaha for $290 round trip.....Its Sept. But I'll go! :)

Hillside
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did I Really Just Pay That?!

I just booked less than $400 on Jet Blue out of NYC for the end of August. Delta wanted twice that.

6. Re: Did I Really Just Pay That?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 07:15