We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset

boston
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
Sunset

Where to see sunset in st . Thomas? Near red hook...

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset

Sunset is VERY fast. An early dinner at Banana Tree Grille with balcony seating is fabulous, drinks at Mafolie, Mountaintop, Paradise Point. The higher you are with a panoramic view the better.

Mentioned in this post
Banana Tree Grille
Banana Tree Grille
545 Reviews
St. Thomas
Mafolie Hotel
Mafolie Hotel
587 Reviews
St. Thomas
boston
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset

How far is paradise point from red hook? And is there a nice beach to watch sunset in st thomas?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset

Paradise Point is in Havensight, opposite the WICO cruise ship dock, about a 20 minute drive from Red Hook. Can't think of a beach where you can actually see the sun sink over the horizon as it'll be obscured by the bay formations. Maybe someone else can help with that. As I said, the higher you are the better the (unobstructed) view. And, again, dusk is very short and if you blink you can miss the sun's final descent.

Mentioned in this post
Red Hook
Red Hook
St. Thomas
Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset

The sunsets in STT are on speed compared to our long and beautiful NE sunsets.

This may sound funny but I LOVE watching sunsets from the top floor balcony of the condo at Sapphire. It is odd in that Sapphire faces the east and the sun sets in the west but the reflection of the clouds and the kaleidoscope of colors is beautiful.

If you are lucky and are down there when there is a full moon and the stars align it is also a treat to watch the full moon clear Tortolla and emit a highway of light across the water to your doorstep.

Finally sun rise on the east end is special if you are up that early.

Is it showing that it doesn't take much to amuse me and I am a nature kind of guy!

Edited: 27 July 2012, 17:23
Mentioned in this post
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
718 Reviews
St. Thomas
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset

I agree, Bill. Where I live now I only have a very small slivered glimpse of the Atlantic but the sky as the sun sets is simply glorious and is a never-ending delight of colors reflecting off the clouds as the birds flock to nest for the night and the night denizens start chirruping away, ready to go full throttle once the sun is finally down! Ahhhhh ....

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset

Outstanding sunsets from the Botany Bay beaches in STT. Bring your own refreshments.

Mentioned in this post
Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset

BB

Perhaps the sunsets are on "speed" in StT because the second law of thermodynamics is "on steroids".

Steve

Mentioned in this post
8. Re: Sunset

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:17