We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romano's

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
207 reviews
Save Topic
Romano's

We've been coming to St. Thomas for more than 30 years. How have we missed Romano's? I don't see the restaurant mentioned that much, but appears to have great reviews. Anybody been recently?

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
Cup-N-Kettle Tea House
££ - £££, Cafe, American
Pizza Pi
££ - £££, Italian, Pizza
Dinghy's Beach Bar and Grill
£, American, Caribbean, Bar
Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
291 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romano's

It's good Italian. Great art work painted by the owner. We liked but liked Virgilio's better.

Mentioned in this post
Virgilio's
Virgilio's
371 Reviews
St. Thomas
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romano's

Virgilio's has always been good. Next trip we'll have to try Romano's.

Mentioned in this post
Virgilio's
Virgilio's
371 Reviews
St. Thomas
St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romano's

I was at Romano's in June with a group of maybe 8-10. A few thought their food was too salty, and two of us didn't finish our food. There was one dish that several thought was good, but can't remember now what it was.

The menu is online, so check it against Virgilio's to see if there's a dish at Romano's that you'd like to try.

Mentioned in this post
Virgilio's
Virgilio's
371 Reviews
St. Thomas
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
842 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romano's

We were there in March and again in July. We had wonderful meals both trips and it's now on our top 5 restaurant list for the Island. Tony's art work is very impressive and it's all for sale!

Syosset, New York
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romano's

My cousins swear by that restaurant and eat at Romanos at least 2 times during their stay. My family have never eaten there because we like restaurants that has a view and we do not necessarily like the area that Romanos is located in especially at night. We tried Pesce the last time in Red Hook and LOVED it. Worth trying that is for sure. I hope this helps!

Helen

Mentioned in this post
Red Hook
Red Hook
St. Thomas
Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
1 post
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romano's

Sadly, Romano's closed BUT he is now doing private chef duties! We are headed there tonight to his home....can't wait. He stopped by the Ritz yesterday to discuss the menu for tonight and we are excited. We already have him booked another night next week. There is no doubt he is one of the best chefs around!

Go to his web site Roman's for me info. Good luck!

7. Re: Romano's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 January 2013, 20:05
Edited: 24 January 2013, 20:05
New Jersey
Level Contributor
621 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romano's

Sad news, I loved Romanos. I agree it was not in the best of areas, but once inside the food and atmosphere were great. I am learning not to get to attached to St Thomas restaurants because the chances that they will be there from year to year are slim for even the good ones.

9. Re: Romano's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 February 2016, 19:51
Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Romano's

Thanks for the review. We've gone to STT for decades and loved Romano's and the exquisite, professional service, and of course Tony's welcoming graciousness. Am sorry to not have had my annual Romano's dinner, but what with the extortionist WAPA rates, how can most independent operators who do not have a huge volume of business survive? Christine from Boston.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts