We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Molly Malone's

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Molly Malone's

When we were on island in 2011 November, we had two dinners at Molly Malone's. Compared to previous dinners there, the food quality had deteriorated.

Aggravating this, although Carlsberg Elephant was nice and cold, Guinness and Becks were served at "English temperature.

Has anyone had a more recent experience--hopefully better.

Steve

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Molly Malone's

We always seem to wind up at Molly's for one reason or another. I agree with you the place has sliped a bit. I usually get a sandwich there but those having meals were just OK with what they had. I found the drinks to be week as well. Yet I am sure we will be there again.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,973 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Molly Malone's

If you check the TA reviews there are several very recent and variable comments.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Molly Malone's

STTR

Just checked every review going back to 2012 January first. Although the reviews may be recent, none of them refer to a recent visit to MM's.

The closest thing was a post by BB on February tenth.

Although BB said that he thought the drinks were "pretty weak", I did not find a single comment about "refrigerators made by Lucas"

I daresay, that the most frequent source of comments was me, relating the not so great meals and English temperature beer, over a year ago..

I hope to get some evaluation based on a recent experience.

Steve

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,429 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Molly Malone's

At least I know where I can find a nice Guinness and Becks at the correct temp! I was worried about that...

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Molly Malone's

crmoores,

I wouldn't count on that, they may have (from my point of view) "fixed the problem".

Steve

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,973 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Molly Malone's

"Just checked every review going back to 2012 January first. Although the reviews may be recent, none of them refer to a recent visit to MM's."

It seems you're looking in the wrong place. Go to left of this page and "St Thomas Restaurants" where you will then find Molly Molone's listed with many recent reviews up to January 2013.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Molly Malone's

Yes,you are correct. I was looking at forum posts. I'll go to the reviews right now. Thanks.

Steve

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Molly Malone's

Thank you,

Just checked the reviews, as you suggested. Looks pretty "hit or miss". Guess we managed to miss twice in a row.

Thanks again,

Steve

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,429 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Molly Malone's

In regards to the other bars/restaurants in RH -

Ww weren't impressed with Big Bambooz other than being a good spot to sit and people watch, we thought Coconuts' burger was much better than here. But we have a friend that lives on Tortola that likes stopping there when on STT. Was that a gas station at one time in the not too distant past?

We haven't tried Fish Tails and will try that when we return soon, reviews sound very good.

We do like Island Time for the open-air atmosphere and pizza, that was our main place to hit last visit.

Duffy's - what's up with that???

Coco Blue was just ok, haven't hit the Cellar.

And it sounds like we'll be able to hit Lat 18 for music, not sure about food as there are mixed signals.

We never made it to Fungi's at PP, is that a nice spot for a cocktail and a snack or more?

And what's the story with Paradise Point - new ownership? Is the bar open?

Edited: 03 January 2013, 20:11
Memphis
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Molly Malone's

We ate there New Years Eve and all had the filet. It was very good and the service was exceptional.